PDA

View Full Version : Thanks everyone for all your help

Kelly Brady
10-19-2009, 06:57 PM
I have our little peanut turning his head away at his formula. So weaning is complete. He is eating healthy. Loves many different veggies and gets some fruit at night when he has eaten during the day. He is quite attached to us though. I live in Florida so I can begin the release stage. I need help though, I am so tempted to keep this one. Our kids are all grown and he gets more attention than any squirrel could ask for. He is so loved by my husband and I.
We have bonded. I don't want to rob him of his natural habitat but he needed a lot of love to get him to this point. I am having a hard time letting go. Advice anyone?

JohnRegsaver
10-20-2009, 05:34 AM
do whatcha gotta do:)
what ever that may be

CritterMom
10-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Why not let him decide. If he's weaning, that means he's 10-12 weeks, right? At 16-20, he may decide he wants to be a wild child, and if not, well, you have your answer!

virgo062
10-21-2009, 01:15 PM
You will know when the time is right...if it ever is. believe me you will be able to tell a difference in him. My babies are almost 10 weeks olds and still have a hard time tearing little leaves from a branch. Nutter2 was almost 6 months old before I released him. But he let me know that it was time to go and now he is doing fantastic.