PDA

View Full Version : Gonna need help, I think

Critter_Queen
10-14-2009, 05:21 AM
Hello! I got a call yesterday from a kid who has had a squirrel for about a month. Says it has squirrel pox. Going to try to see it today. Need help on treatments and how to keep my others from getting it.

Any help you can provide would be great! Thanks!

CQ

PS-Sorry for popping on like this! Still winding down from baby season and still running my squirrelnuts off! Have 20 babies to release in the next two weeks! :eek:

Jackie in Tampa
10-14-2009, 05:38 AM
I am sending you a PM.

Critter_Queen
10-14-2009, 05:41 AM
Also wondering how contageous this is and if you can CURE it or if every pox squirrel ends up NR.

Will look for your PM. Getting ready to head to work but will try to get back on quick before I leave and again this evening when I get home.

Thanks for any help you can provide!!

Jackie in Tampa
10-14-2009, 05:56 AM
treating in the wild works best...yes very contageous...fleas are vector as well as mosquitoes...
Building immune system is highly recommended for all in the immediate area...many have used all natural healthy herbs etc...I used Nutriferon by Shaklee, it was designed to boost ISystem in cancer treatment patients..
Nonda Surrate used Echinechia...Mads used SeaMeal?? {SP}
That's recommended for all wilds in the area...
We have a Pox Summary that has been put together by Buddy'sMOm with treatment ideas and doses.
Many here have experienced pox, most recently it hit Nature's Gift and her precious Nutter...who had just given birth to 4 babies, two babies survived...Tank and Tigger
Rest in Peace Nutter and babies
Rest in Peace all our precious friends
Very horrible disease...it is bringing tears again. I hate pox...
Many have survived and some were released...