PDA

View Full Version : bloody nose

Shen
10-01-2006, 01:31 PM
my baby has a bloody nose!

or just blood on his upper lip/nose it doesnt seem to still be actively bleeding
He has a bad malocclusion where his bottom teeth have made his mouth all malformed, but i trimmed his teeth 2 days ago and it made a huge improvement (it had never bled before). ( I dont think that its a possibility that the teeth cut the gums as they are much shorter now and have a good blunt edge, but i really dont know)

now i left him in his playroom for about an hour while i was at the gym, and when i came back he was sitting by the door looking at me with blood all over his upper lip and nose.
maybe he bit something sharp like a nutshell and cut the inside of his mouth?
or maybe he fell on his face?
Im not sure.
Does he need an antibiotic? how prone are squirrels to infection?
is there anything elese i can do for him?

*sigh the poor baby is causing me so much trouble lately

Sheila :shakehead

island rehabber
10-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Shen, this is really something I have no direct experience with, but I'm wondering if since he had a malocclusion and you clipped his teeth to correct it, maybe he is not used to chewing yet with his clipped teeth? Kind of the way you bite your lip sometimes after you have dental work done? (believe me I know :shakehead) If it continues I would definitely see a vet, but for now just keep the area clean and keep an eye on it. Hopefully it's a one-time thing.