PDA

View Full Version : Primate Food? Monkey Biscuits?

rrenner
09-27-2006, 07:54 AM
I have seen references to both as being a good all-around food to add when your squirrel is old enough. Are they the same thing, if not, which is best, and where would I purchase a small amount? My local pet store had no idea what I was looking for...

Also, I am almost out of powdered Esbilac. Sandy is in the process of weaning herself off the formula, but it looks like I'll need to get a small amount of Esbilac to get her through until she completely weans. Is there any place to buy just a small amount of the powdered version? I don't really want to spend another $18 for something I won't need 90% of!

Thanks!

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
09-27-2006, 08:32 AM
The rodent block that is refered to here is Kay-Tee Pet rat food.
I believe the kids got it at Pet smart? (green bag) Its good to offer when they are weaning.
Mine went through a whole bag in a week! I was never able to find the monkey buscuit.
No ideas on the small amounts of formula.

Secret Squirrel
09-27-2006, 02:26 PM
Esbilac can be frozen....just in case you find another squirrel in the spring...hint, hint...:tilt !
Also you can give the esbilac with the primate biscuits as a daily meal...kinda like soup and bead!! Ha Ha!! My kidz are 11 weeks and just love is a morning meal.
I have posted pictures on another thread http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1820&stc=1&d=1155957399this is Kaytee Forti-diet rodent avaliable at most pet store. It's large pellets ( not block) and it's in the small animal section of your pet store. Petsmart, Superpetz or Petco.....good luck!!
Monkey biscuits or primate biscuits are avalabe at Chris's squirrels and more on line...she ships fast!!!

thundersquirrel
09-27-2006, 06:32 PM
yeah, esbilac can last a while if you have a good freezer. also, you can keep offering her formula soaked bread to ease the weaning process. our squirrels love it, it's pretty messy, but all of a sudden they don't mind if we skip a syringe feeding.