PDA

View Full Version : Nail clippings

luckydoodle
07-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Hello everyone I was just wandering is there a secert to clipping Luckys nails? I had read once before about gently wrapping them in a towel to restrain them and that works but as he gets older its becoming increasingly more difficult to hold him. I know that none of them probably enjoy having their nails clipped, but any suggestions would greatly be appreciated, not only by me but Lucky too.:thankyou Luckys Momma

Pointy Tale
07-07-2009, 02:55 PM
luckydoodle, Hi, I have no expertise in this area, however, Fluffytailnut has many wonderful videos, and hope she does not mind, but here is a link when she is clipping Bean's nails.

Bean getting his toe nail's clipped (http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee303/FLUFFYTAILNUT/?action=view&current=be8a515a.pbr)

I'm not the best linker, so I hope this works. and FTN, Hope you do not mind I forwarded your information, I think it is a wonderful video and better than any written explanation, because you are the best!!!

luckydoodle
07-07-2009, 03:25 PM
I really enjoyed that video but unfortunately it literally takes my husband and I both to clip his nails. I have to hold him while my husband does the clipping. He has a love hate relationship with my husband as it is. I on the other hand can do just about anything with him by myself except clip his nails he absolutely hates it.

lookmomchickens
07-07-2009, 04:38 PM
I wrap Ike in a towel burrito & leave his head sticking out.. you need to make the burrito pretty tight because they WILL squirm out..

I usually just pull one foot out at a time and take the very tip off.

FLUFFYTAILNUT
07-07-2009, 04:45 PM
luckydoodle, Hi, I have no expertise in this area, however, Fluffytailnut has many wonderful videos, and hope she does not mind, but here is a link when she is clipping Bean's nails.

Bean getting his toe nail's clipped (http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee303/FLUFFYTAILNUT/?action=view&current=be8a515a.pbr)

I'm not the best linker, so I hope this works. and FTN, Hope you do not mind I forwarded your information, I think it is a wonderful video and better than any written explanation, because you are the best!!!
Thank You...PT...."E":thumbsup
No...I don't mind...:thumbsup

Luckydoodle,
In the begining..I had to use a hand towel....then a wash cloth...eventually....to what you see in the video....

Welcome..to the Squirrel Board!:thumbsup
FTN:wave123

helboy
06-28-2010, 10:29 PM
The debris can be scooped out from under the nail. Clipping should be take from the crumbling tissue the end of the infected nail.Previous treatment can reduce the chance of the growing the fungus successfully in culture .

Skul
06-28-2010, 10:39 PM
The debris can be scooped out from under the nail. Clipping should be take from the crumbling tissue the end of the infected nail.Previous treatment can reduce the chance of the growing the fungus successfully in culture .
:wave123 helboy.
It seems English may not be your native language.
You have done quite well for a first post.
I can almost understand what you are trying to say.
Please stay with us, and write when you can.

Do you have squirrels where you live?