PDA

View Full Version : cat attack

SQUIRRELMOM
09-20-2006, 07:50 PM
i got in a 5week old eastern grey she came in fat and plump. some scratches and brusing is showing now.. i treated her with batril and pain meds, seems she just wants to be held.. i don't have any others that size so shes on a heating pad w/fake fur and a stuffed animal. she seems comfy now, but does squeel now and then.. could this be another problem.. i have fed her but she doesn't take much. any suggestions.. im just at a loss. i have 12 in the house and 15 outside in holding..

little boy 6 weeks last night, is doing great. last night he wasn't so i guess im doing something right.

island rehabber
09-20-2006, 07:57 PM
i got in a 5week old eastern grey she came in fat and plump. some scratches and brusing is showing now.. i treated her with batril and pain meds, seems she just wants to be held.. i don't have any others that size so shes on a heating pad w/fake fur and a stuffed animal. she seems comfy now, but does squeel now and then.. could this be another problem.. i have fed her but she doesn't take much. any suggestions.. im just at a loss. i have 12 in the house and 15 outside in holding..

little boy 6 weeks last night, is doing great. last night he wasn't so i guess im doing something right.

Squirrelmom if you can get hold of the antibiotic "SMZ", this is highly recommended for specifically cat bites. Also, you may want to soak those scratches a little to keep them open, as it is best to let cat wounds heal from the inside out, in other words let them drain. Baytril is great, but ask your vet about the SMZ. Wow, 27 squirrels!!! I bow down to you, lady! :bowdown:peace:bowdown