PDA

View Full Version : Realease box?

tree-queen
06-03-2009, 05:36 PM
My baby is about ready to be realeased, I think. He is eating all solid food and has been off of formula for about a week and a half. I have him outside in a huge birdcage and have no idea how big of a nest box to have built! :shakehead :thinking HELP! :O

PBluejay2
06-03-2009, 07:01 PM
My baby is about ready to be realeased, I think. He is eating all solid food and has been off of formula for about a week and a half. I have him outside in a huge birdcage and have no idea how big of a nest box to have built! :shakehead :thinking HELP! :O

There are patterns online, but you can make the entire thing--sides, roof (sloped), bottom--out of 1x12 or 1x10. If you want it to last, you can use treated lumber. I make mine out of 5/8 inch treated plywood. They are about 12 inches square, 18-20 inches deep, with a 2 and 1/4 to 2 and1/2 inch hole in the side (not front like a bird house). Leave enough extension on the top and bottom of the back for mounting hardware. Hope this helps.

pamela lee
06-04-2009, 07:47 AM
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4362
I hope this helps.

Caglemedic
06-06-2009, 12:34 AM
It is best if you can wait until he is older to release him. No sooner than 16 weeks and some of us wait longer to ensure maturity.