PDA

View Full Version : vomit

redsquirrel
09-19-2006, 10:23 AM
:tilt I have a question that I have been trying to get answered for some time. I am pretty sure someone here can answer it: Do squirrels vomit? I have never seen one do it and never heard of it either. Has anyone here experienced it with one of their rehabs?

Critter_Queen
09-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Yes, they vomit, but usually only when very ill. Not a good thing AT ALL.

island rehabber
09-19-2006, 10:27 AM
:tilt I have a question that I have been trying to get answered for some time. I am pretty sure someone here can answer it: Do squirrels vomit? I have never seen one do it and never heard of it either. Has anyone here experienced it with one of their rehabs?

Only once, when a released squirrel crawled back to me with a shattered hind leg. I gave him some water and minutes later it all came back up...he was probably shocky at that point. I've never seen it any other time in a squirrel.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
09-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Preston vomited a few days ago, he wasnt ill in the least I think he overate.

quirlgirl
09-19-2006, 08:10 PM
About three months ago one of our wild squirrels was on the railing by our door and I did see it vomit. I was surprised because of all the years taking Scooter out all day I had no idea they did. I don't know if it was sick or what, didn't seem to be as he went up the tree and back to the woods after throwing up....:dono

Galena
10-07-2006, 10:26 PM
One of my babies did. Just a couple of days ago.
She was drinking some water from a dish and then all of a sudden she threw up and it was mostly water with a tiny bit of food.
She seemed fine though, I guess she drank to fast or something:dono

Dancingsquirrel
10-07-2006, 11:32 PM
The same thing happened to my wild squirrel "Baby Sweetgirl". She was eating an almond, then dashed over to the water dish took a drink then promptly threw it up, paused, then resumed drinking :shakehead Poor baby just drank too fast I guess.
It was so sad to watch, like when they eat too quickly and do a "choke-cough" very squeeky and loud! But they recover quickly and grab another almond.

Squirrelly
10-08-2006, 12:00 AM
Yeah, DS, I've seen and heard that squeeky, choke thing they do too. They get over it really fast though, like you said, and go right back to eating all that good food we put out for them. LOL!:crazy