PDA

View Full Version : Any IL rehabbers here?

yotetrapper
05-26-2009, 04:15 PM
I lost my pet squirrel today that I've had for three years. I knew right away that I'd never want another pet squirrel, due to the fact that now I feel guilty my squirrel never got to live in the wild as it was meant to. But I didnt want to sign off on wildlife altogether, which brings me to rehabbing. I went to our states DNR site and although it says they give out the rehabbber permits, it gave no further info.

I plan on calling them the next chance I get (they're closed now) but was wondering if anyone on here is from IL and can tell me what the licensing process entails?

4skwerlz
05-26-2009, 05:37 PM
I lost my pet squirrel today that I've had for three years. I knew right away that I'd never want another pet squirrel, due to the fact that now I feel guilty my squirrel never got to live in the wild as it was meant to. But I didnt want to sign off on wildlife altogether, which brings me to rehabbing. I went to our states DNR site and although it says they give out the rehabbber permits, it gave no further info.

I plan on calling them the next chance I get (they're closed now) but was wondering if anyone on here is from IL and can tell me what the licensing process entails?

What a wonderful idea. I know for a fact Illinois desperately needs more rehabbers. I really admire you for doing this. Every squirrel you save will be a tribute to the little friend you lost.

marie1428
11-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Hi. I live in Illinois. It is hard to find places to volunteer. Everything is so far. In order to get a license you should call DNR. They will send you an application in the mail. They require you to have experience working with a rehabber.