PDA

View Full Version : swelling above both eyes

srichko53
05-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Does anyone know what could cause swelling above both eyes, its afemale that i feed daily at work and lately i have noticed her rubbing both eyes and swelling.

Jackie in Tampa
05-15-2009, 06:01 AM
:Welcome :wave123 Welcome to TSB!
If you can get a picture, someone may be able to help!

island rehabber
05-15-2009, 06:35 AM
Does anyone know what could cause swelling above both eyes, its afemale that i feed daily at work and lately i have noticed her rubbing both eyes and swelling.

It could be a number of things, including mange. Squirrels can get eye infections the same way we do, when bacteria gets in there and causes a form of conjunctivitis (pink eye). Mange, unfortunately, often starts above the eye and around the ears, so let's hope it's not that. A picture would help if you can. :thumbsup

Jackie in Tampa
05-15-2009, 07:23 AM
It could be a number of things, including mange. Squirrels can get eye infections the same way we do, when bacteria gets in there and causes a form of conjunctivitis (pink eye). Mange, unfortunately, often starts above the eye and around the ears, so let's hope it's not that. A picture would help if you can. :thumbsup
IR is right, could be alot of different things... mange is treatable though.:grouphug