PDA

View Full Version : records template

IskyWildlifeRescue
05-05-2009, 07:42 AM
Does anyone know where I can get a good template for keeping records for my individual little guys? I swear I saw one here once but it could have been elsewhere. Thanks!

PBluejay2
05-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Go to the NWRA website and click on "Resources" (I think). There's a free program/log for rehabilitators. It's a bit cumbersome and involved, but it's better than anything else I've seen.

Legomom
05-05-2009, 10:03 AM
There's also one on the last page of the .pdf "Raising Infant Tree Squirrels". If that's what you're looking for.

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56

Legomom
05-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Or, here's a thought...let me know what kind of info you want tracked. I like playing around with my excel & word programs & would be happy to create one to put on the board.
I could create it in the following formats: .doc, .docx, .xls & .pdf

What does everyone think? What would you put on it?

:grouphug

Pointy Tale
05-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Hi! I’d like to preface my comments by saying, I am not a rehabber, but I have a great appreciation for all of you.

That being said, I read the above post about wanting a record log…however, without exactly knowing the criteria of information you track…

I came up with a general concept of what one may (or may not [haha]) want to record. The form can be in either Excel or Adobe (pdf) and can be writeable in either program.

It is a draft, if I’m even close to what you are looking for, I thought that maybe I could work with you to make something that anyone can use…from the Expert Rehabbers to the General Helpful Person. Anyway, it is just a draft, so be gentle with your responses and remember I had good intentions. :) If I'm not even on target, then please disregard.

smoknbunny
05-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Or, here's a thought...let me know what kind of info you want tracked. I like playing around with my excel & word programs & would be happy to create one to put on the board.
I could create it in the following formats: .doc, .docx, .xls & .pdf

What does everyone think? What would you put on it?

:grouphug
I think it sounds like a great idea! I can help too if you like!

IskyWildlifeRescue
05-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Pointy Tail! I love it! I also need a release date and location line on it and it would be perfect!:thumbsup

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
05-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Hi! I’d like to preface my comments by saying, I am not a rehabber, but I have a great appreciation for all of you.

That being said, I read the above post about wanting a record log…however, without exactly knowing the criteria of information you track…

I came up with a general concept of what one may (or may not [haha]) want to record. The form can be in either Excel or Adobe (pdf) and can be writeable in either program.

It is a draft, if I’m even close to what you are looking for, I thought that maybe I could work with you to make something that anyone can use…from the Expert Rehabbers to the General Helpful Person. Anyway, it is just a draft, so be gentle with your responses and remember I had good intentions. :) If I'm not even on target, then please disregard.

Very nice PT

Pointy Tale
05-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Hi IskyWildlifeRescue—:) I put in the Release date and location under the Animal information section. Is this really ok??? I still made it a draft…Is it better as writable pdf or Excel? And, does anyone know if I’m allowed to put TSB on the top or who I should ask or how I would go about doing that—or maybe I should just take TSB off the top completely, then it would be ok??? I did that because I did not know what should be there. I do not want to do anything against Board policy, because I love it here. So before I will make final. Confirm…and I will make final…maybe in both formats??

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
05-05-2009, 06:27 PM
I made my own in access over the winter. It works GREAT. You can make a table of all your babies and what happened to them with a single click or you can get the general printout of all the babies easy too. I will send it to you when I get a chance.

Pointy Tale
05-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Oh yes, the access database is definately better for reporting and keeping all the babies information together in file. Excellent. I'd love to just see it for admirmation...and appreciation of the craft of making it, as I am not a rehabber and have no idea of what fields would be entailed in the records. All the best,

IskyWildlifeRescue
05-06-2009, 07:08 AM
Let me know when it's ready fro printing and I'll print a few.:thankyou

Pointy Tale
05-06-2009, 07:16 AM
Hi IskyWildlifeRescue, you've been on longer than me...who would I ask for approval? Maybe if I took TSB off it wouldn't need approval?? I don't want to make anyone upset with me... let me know what you think :)

IskyWildlifeRescue
05-18-2009, 08:55 AM
maybe not have The SB at the top. I have many other animals I would use this for. How about Wildlife Record or something to that effect? Sorry it's been so long for me to reply. Working full time, school and rehabbing is robbing me of all my time! I love your form! Good job!!

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
05-19-2009, 07:22 PM
I emailed a copy of my record keeping system to someone, but I will post it here too for anyone else that would like to use it. One is an access database and allows you to keep track of general info on all your creatures (things like who gave them to you, where the creatures came from, the creatures initial condition, and what happened to the animal) and a table with your overall stats (release rate, etc.).

I also will attach two of my daily care charts. The first one is for individual animals. It is the most compact form I could come up with that is thorough. The second excel file is a daily care chart for groups. I get in 20-30 babies at a time and to fill out all the info for everyone in a litter is much too time consuming and I end up not using the forms at all. So, I just came up with this paper that has columns for each animal in the litter and makes it much easier, especially for animals like bunnies and opossums where you feed everyone the same amount since you are tubing them.

The last excel file is my animal intake form. It has everything I need to know about the finder and is a good checklist for the initial exam.

I hope you find them helpful.

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
05-19-2009, 07:24 PM
It said the attachments were invalid :thinking