PDA

View Full Version : rodent blocks

FranP
04-23-2009, 09:05 AM
I purchased Harlan Teklad rodent blocks before I saw Henry's Healthy Blocks here on this site(sorry!) Are they okay to feed to my baby flyer? I got the #2018 for under a year old. After reading all the posts here I am going to switch to Henry's, the research 4S has done is commendable! I hope the Fla. Dept. of Ag. doesn't stop what she's accomplished!! Thanks!!!!!!!

4skwerlz
04-23-2009, 09:17 AM
I purchased Harlan Teklad rodent blocks before I saw Henry's Healthy Blocks here on this site(sorry!) Are they okay to feed to my baby flyer? I got the #2018 for under a year old. After reading all the posts here I am going to switch to Henry's, the research 4S has done is commendable! I hope the Fla. Dept. of Ag. doesn't stop what she's accomplished!! Thanks!!!!!!!

Harlan Teklad blocks are IMO the best commercial rodent blocks you can buy. The main advantages of HHB are the higher quality of ingredients, freshness, lack of preservatives, low glycemic load, absence of soy products, and of course, the fact that most squirrels will actually eat them. (Give most squirrels a commercial rodent block and they'll just throw it at you!) But if your baby will eat the Harlan, they should be fine.

Pointy Tale
04-23-2009, 09:18 AM
Yes, 4S is very thorough.

FranP
04-23-2009, 09:26 AM
I just purchased HHB a few minutes ago! Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!
Im not sure if I did it right, but I tried to attach a picture of my baby!

franp

Pointy Tale
04-23-2009, 10:26 AM
You did it right, I just resized it for you so it would fit the screen better, hope that's OK? Your flyer is soooo cute. Oh, I'm sorry, what did you say your flyers name was?

island rehabber
04-23-2009, 10:48 AM
A little blurry, but adorable :D
Harlan Teklad 2018 is the rodent block I always used until Henry's Healthy Blocks became available. Although not all my squirrels liked the 2018, I found that they were definitely more accepted than any other commercial block out there. Prior to HHBs we were all happy to get even a 50% acceptance rate, feeding rodent block to squirrels. :shakehead

FranP
04-23-2009, 11:28 AM
You did it right, I just resized it for you so it would fit the screen better, hope that's OK? Your flyer is soooo cute. Oh, I'm sorry, what did you say your flyers name was?

Thank you for helping me resize it. We've only had him 3 weeks, we can't seem to get creative on a name yet. We've been calling him "Little Man'. He should be called 'Lucky" for lucky I found him that night or he wouldn't have survived the night. Can you tell me how you resized the picture? I'm still getting the hang of computers.