PDA

View Full Version : Peach Pits?

Reddliz
04-23-2009, 08:13 AM
I haven't seen anything about peach pitts and or not to feed them to Kola, are they toxic, does anyone know?

I have to tell you I had a peach for breakfast and he demanded the pit, just would not stop coming back to get it.....I want to give it to him but I'm not sure it is ok.....I'd rather hear from others that they have fed this to their babies with success.....I'm thinking its hard and his teeth would really love it but???? :D

:thankyou

JLM27
04-23-2009, 08:17 AM
I heard that peach pits are known as "the poor man's almond", but because I am not a nutritionist, or even someone who knows how true this is, please don't go by my word. I also know that one of my friends has a neighbor on the Cape that complains bitterly about the squirrels stealing her peaches.

4skwerlz
04-23-2009, 08:17 AM
I haven't seen anything about peach pitts and or not to feed them to Kola, are they toxic, does anyone know?

I have to tell you I had a peach for breakfast and he demanded the pit, just would not stop coming back to get it.....I want to give it to him but I'm not sure it is ok.....I'd rather hear from others that they have fed this to their babies with success.....I'm thinking its hard and his teeth would really love it but???? :D

Many fruit pits and seeds are toxic. Just to be safe, I wouldn't feed it.

Legomom
04-23-2009, 10:46 AM
I can't find info on the amounts, but peach pits (the part inside of the seed) contain a form of cyanide.

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/p/peach_seed_poisoning/intro.htm

Mrs. Jack
04-23-2009, 10:50 AM
I've heard that peach and avocado pits are a no.

Reddliz
04-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Thank you guys so much!

I wasn't planning on feeding him these pits on a daily basis as a food choice.....he just seemed interested while I was eating it so I thought I'd ask. And I'm glad I did.