PDA

View Full Version : Cranberry beans?

Legomom
03-26-2009, 10:22 AM
So, I'm at the farmers market yesterday & see this thing called a Cranberry Bean. Looks pretty cool, kinda like a pole bean.
Anyone ever feed these to the fuzzers? I did look up the nutrition data, doesn't look like it's the healthiest thing in the world,
but as a once in awhile, maybe?

Any thoughts, 4S or PBlue?

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4288/2

Secret Squirrel
03-26-2009, 11:09 AM
I saw those too....but beans, legumes are not high in nutrition. I give my kids a green been once in a while......just because they are green....LOL!!!!
I hope you get a scientific answer to your question.....mine is just pretzel logic....at least now anyway...:D Oh look a squirrel!!!!!:D

TinyPaws
03-26-2009, 01:18 PM
I've never seen those before...but I did hear that beans weren't the best thing for squirrels....so I don't really know if once in awhile is ok....

Elizabeth
03-29-2009, 06:37 PM
My mother just bought some of those for Sandy. She eagerly tore them open and threw the beans to the bottom of her cage. :D She thought as them more as a fun toy than food? :rotfl I figured they couldn't hurt as a one time treat, but I don't know how nutritous they are. :dono I'm curious to hear if your fuzzer likes them better than Sandy did. Aren't they neat looking beans? :tilt

4skwerlz
03-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Apparently they're more closely related to a pinto bean than a green bean, and these types of beans (lentils, kidney, pinto, etc.) are on the "avoid" list--not that they're toxic, but not the greatest nutrition either. Feed as a very occasional treat (or play toy) I think.

Legomom
03-29-2009, 07:48 PM
:thankyou 4Skwerls!! :bowdown