PDA

View Full Version : My Signature

Jackie in Tampa
03-13-2009, 06:10 AM
:osnap Already I have heard of Pox rearing it's ugly head other places than Florida. We in Fl are prime canidates for this virus, our tropical weather promotes mosquitoes and they are the suspected vector of Fibroma.
Soooo...get rid of all containers of water! Everyday! Walk your property and peep over the fence into your neighbors yard too!
Clipping up brush and bushes off ground will also help! Any moist shadey area is a potetial breeding ground! Gutters are notorious for collecting leaves and larvea starts there! Any moist leaf piles! Tarps can also hold water!
If you water your lawn..there will be standing water somewhere...dump it!
Change your birdbaths everyday. Please!
You get the idea...now go turn over all containers.:thumbsup
:nono The TSB train cannot be in every back yard ...and :bowdown Loopy cannot save every sq. ..
:poke so the sqs and me are counting on all to do your part. Thanks!:thankyou

:peace PS...do not jump the gun...nothing worse than munchausen by proxy...:osnap

BTW....Bot Fly is also connected to standing water!...however...it is not fatal unless pre=compromised sq is afflicted.

island rehabber
03-13-2009, 06:19 AM
:goodpost :attention

4skwerlz
03-13-2009, 09:54 AM
For Floridians and southerners especially....

1. Keep your grass cut!

Mosquitos love to hide in long grass and ambush animals that walk by.

2. If you have an irrigation system, check it and make sure it is set to water no more than once per week.

You'd be surprised how many people are watering 3, 4, 5 times a week (sometimes without even realizing it). This not only wastes water, it creates damp conditions that breed mosquitoes, and it ruins your grass too.

Jackie in Tampa
03-13-2009, 09:55 AM
For Floridians and southerners especially....

1. Keep your grass cut!

Mosquitos love to hide in long grass and ambush animals that walk by.

2. If you have an irrigation system, check it and make sure it is set to water no more than once per week.

You'd be surprised how many people are watering 3, 4, 5 times a week (sometimes without even realizing it). This not only wastes water, it creates damp conditions that breed mosquitoes, and it ruins your grass too.
Yeah that!:thumbsup