PDA

View Full Version : COLD

MonMon
02-25-2009, 10:00 PM
when ur litle guys were cold, what would u do?tinfoil

island rehabber
02-25-2009, 10:10 PM
The best thing is to put a heating pad, set on LOW, half under their cage so they can choose to stay on it or get away from the heat. You can also use a hot water bottle, wrapped in a towel and placed next to them, but that doesn't last very long.

TexanSquirrel
02-25-2009, 10:11 PM
I think most people get a heating pad set on low and place it under half the cage. Is that what you're asking?

Buddy'sMom
02-25-2009, 10:17 PM
MonMon, a heating pad is best, but if you don't have one, you can make a "rice buddy" -- if you have a microwave. Take a sock, fill it with uncooked rice or dried beans or lentils and microwave for about 45 seconds (just until very warm -- not too hot). Place it near the squirrel and cover him up.

:grouphug

Buddy'sMom
02-25-2009, 10:20 PM
MonMon, a heating pad is best, but if you don't have one, you can make a "rice buddy" until you can get one -- if you have a microwave. Take a sock, fill it with uncooked rice or dried beans or lentils and microwave for about 45 seconds (just until very warm -- not too hot). Place it near the squirrel and cover him up. You can use more than one. But these cool off pretty quickly and have to be re-heated often. That's why a heating pad is best.

:grouphug :Love_Icon :grouphug

muffinsquirrel
02-26-2009, 01:31 AM
I have often used the 'hand warmers' that hunters, etc use. They are air activated, stay warm for 8 to 10 hours or so, and are fairly inexpensive. However, I have no idea if you can get them over there.

muffinsquirrel