PDA

View Full Version : Raw or cooked?

Ardilla
01-31-2009, 05:46 PM
I just got back from the store and I thought I might let Penny try some of the yellow squash and sweet potato I bought (don't worry--I also bought stuff I know she likes, like brocolli and romaine). Is it ok for her, and do I have to cook it (especially the sweet potato)?

Charles Chuckles
01-31-2009, 06:07 PM
Sweet Penny, I give Charley raw sweet potato, guess that is ok for a flyer..I use to give my flyer raw fruit and veggies...they are so cute too:D

LynninIN
01-31-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm sitting here eating raw cookie dough so this thread caught my eye. :)

Raw for the squash and sweet potato. Make sure to remove the skin on the sweet potato and wash the squash skin off well.

PBluejay2
01-31-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm sitting here eating raw cookie dough so this thread caught my eye. :)

Raw for the squash and sweet potato. Make sure to remove the skin on the sweet potato and wash the squash skin off well.

Uh oh--sweet potato is a staple around here, but why remove the skin?

Ardilla
01-31-2009, 07:09 PM
Thanks, Lynn. :)

muffinsquirrel
01-31-2009, 09:35 PM
When my flyers are babies, I peel the skin off sweet potatos just like I do apples, etc. But eventually they get older, and I get tired of peeling, and they manage just fine. In the mornings I will find a little curved piece of sweet potato skin all curved up like a smile! Same for squash, cucumbers, etc. It kinda reminds me of kids not wanting the crust on their bread. :D

muffinsquirrel