PDA

View Full Version : Cauliflower Treat or nutrition????

fsalter53
01-31-2009, 01:22 PM
Sadie & Sage loves cauliflower, we have plants in the garden and we picked some to cook and I ran a couple pieces upstairs to them and wahoo they went crazy, we also have collards and mustards in the garden, good for them too? They are getting tired of their milk, I am waiting for my blocks, I cut the stump out of the head lettuce with a little lettuce on it for them and they like that too, especially the stump, they love my carrots out of the garden, cant wait till this summer they will have a feast.

Charles Chuckles
01-31-2009, 01:42 PM
OH they are so cute!:D

fsalter53
01-31-2009, 02:08 PM
Sounds like everything you have in your garden is GREAT for your "kids". :thumbsup :D They sure are ADORABLE!! :Love_Icon :Love_Icon

Just know that iceberg lettuce is not good for them. It has no nutritional value.

I guess I should have know that, I eat romaine always because of the vitamins when I have it, :thankyou I will keep romaine instead, It might be cheaper any way.

fsalter53
01-31-2009, 02:10 PM
:thankyou :thankyou :thankyou from my babies

Lady Squirrelly
01-31-2009, 02:14 PM
What cute darlings they are.:grouphug

gs1
01-31-2009, 04:55 PM
these guys just get cuter and cuter !!!! agh!!!!!!!

cauliflower is not supposed to be good for rabbits ( i know you're asking about squirrels) because it can produce lots of gas, brocolli, cabbage too ...

i know just my two cents worth ...

you sound like you have a great garden.:D

fsalter53
01-31-2009, 07:18 PM
:thankyou I never turn down good advise, or any advise, I feel sorry for the rabbits, I am just trying to find veggies they like you know. They can be so picky you know. :thankyou :crazy

skye
01-31-2009, 09:00 PM
Oh my love the photos they are so cute:D

Sciurus1
01-31-2009, 10:09 PM
Don't rabbits chew their cud, having more than one stomach chamber, something like a cow has, but a bit different? Has anyone here ever had a problem with their squirrel(s) being bloated from calliflower, cabbage or brussel sprouts; it kind of makes sense this could happen? My friend who rehabs squirrels does feed them broccolli, but not cabbage, brussel sprouts, or calliflower, for she deems these three too gasey for squirrels. This of course does not stop squirrels from liking them if they are offered to them for food. Ground squirrels and chipmunks likely would go for all these in a vegetable garden, but tree squirrels tend to eat the fruit on the trees, and berries off the bushes,along with that which falls on the ground, which of course the ground squirrels then take part in eating too.