PDA

View Full Version : Help adding goodies to end of my threads

Anne
01-20-2009, 11:19 PM
I have pictures in my photos that I want to add at the end of my threads. I loved the video of how to add to my signature, but somehow it won't work for me! Since I have the pictures on my hard-drive, I don't have a "URL" for them.

Heck I may get real frisky and add a quote-that looks like it could be easier :D :D .

Pllllleeeaaaasssseeeee someone HELP!

Anne

Nuthin here :shakehead Nuthin here either:shakehead Still nuthin

Jackie in Tampa
01-21-2009, 06:20 AM
:dono

Anne
01-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Jackie, I am glad I am not the only one stumped. However, I would have thought that in this amount of time someone on the board would have seen this and had some kind of comment or better some help.
At least I have a friend (other than you:D ) to play the blues for me!

TexanSquirrel
01-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Upload the images to photobucket and copy/paste the IMG code. That should work!

Anne
01-23-2009, 12:57 AM
Thanks Texas Squirrel. Let's see if it worked.

Anne
01-23-2009, 12:59 AM
Oh well, back to the drawing board------sigh:osnap
Anne

Anne
01-23-2009, 01:09 AM
How about now?

Anne

Jackie in Tampa
01-23-2009, 07:12 AM
:dono

island rehabber
01-23-2009, 07:13 AM
Hi Anne -- my expertise is in long, rambling posts:shakehead and not graphics but I would ask FLUFFYTAILNUT or her son, Bean's Brother. They seem to be able to attach, change, and get stuff to move in their signatures anytime they want :thumbsup.

Charles Chuckles
01-23-2009, 07:18 AM
Anne, I know I want to do that too but haven't tried it yet...I will wait til you get it figured out then you can teach me:poke :rotfl

Pam
01-23-2009, 07:20 AM
Anne, try copying and pasting from the "Direct Link" option under your images. That's what I just did.

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq320/snicklemom/Bus%20Stop/South%20Florida%20Squirrel/SouthFloridaSquirrel.jpg http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq320/snicklemom/Bus%20Stop/South%20Florida%20Squirrel/BusStop.jpg

TexanSquirrel
01-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Did you copy the IMG code? When you upload to photobucket, it gives you three or so choices. Pick the one that is for forums and see if that works. tinfoil

Anne
01-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Oh yeah---Tried the IMG thingee and everything. Just didn't work for me. But I am a patient person, sooner or later I'll getter done (or smash this ^$#@%@^ computer gizmo into a zillion pieces):jump Inhale-exhale--repeat. I
I do so love everyone an this board:wave123 :rotfl

BTW, That bus stop is at the end of my street. The other picture was taken when I lived in South Florida (West Palm Beach) and represents the typical squirrel seen down there, Don't know which I like better, the bedroom slippers or the pearls:D

Just thought they were cute pictures. Perhaps this is enough "sharing" of my ideas on "cute".:osnap

Anne

Ardilla
01-23-2009, 01:49 PM
When you edit your signature, click the yellow button that looks like a mountain and paste the URL (just the URL, no code) into the box that pops up. That will automatically generate the proper code for you. Then click OK and save your signature.

Jackie in Tampa
01-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Oo...I came to see your new signature...Oo...I guess I'll ck later!:tilt

Anne
01-23-2009, 11:23 PM
Jackie----- Let your fingers push up to Thread #11 above-Then read my so called captions a little further down.
Great minds and computer operators on TSB----I just ain't one of 'em:D :D

Pam
01-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Me neither! :tilt I'm having problems just trying to understand all the directions you were given :sanp3 so I'm no help. :sorry

Good luck, though! :thumbsup :D

Click on the link in Anne's signature. Then click on one of the pictures...four options will be shown under the picture. Click the "direct link" then copy and paste the picture into the signature.

Abi
01-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Underneath the images in this link; http://s459.photobucket.com/albums/qq320/snicklemom/Bus%20Stop/South%20Florida%20Squirrel/

you will see a selection of 'codes' - one of them is IMG code - if you left click on that to highlight it, you can then right click to 'copy'...

once you've done that, get back here (tip: have 2 tabs open on your browser - it's MUCH easier!) then right click again and select 'paste' and your images code will appear...

when you've done that, scroll underneath your fresh post and select 'preview' and you'll be able to (literally) get a preview of your post before you hit 'submit' when you're happy with it.

A simple thing to remember....

An image link will always end either .jpg or .jpeg
And if you want to learn the code for posting such, <-- those little brackets are useful - the one at the begining says 'this is the begining of an image' and the one at the end says 'this is the end of the image' of course, between the two, your image url sits :D
(the little / is like a full stop that the software operating this forum understands...)

:D

If you practice often, it gets easier :D