PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Wildlife Rescue Group - A.R.K.

Sciurus1
01-11-2009, 03:57 PM
If in NE Michigan, check out the Association to Rescue Kritters, or A.R.K.

3878 South Maple Valley Road
St Helen, Michigan 48656 / USA

Jackie in Tampa
01-12-2009, 05:59 AM
In one of the pictures is a lady's face that I have seen somewhere else! I know that face!
It might have been from a news story...television or something, as I have never been to this site!
Love their wildlife prints...no sqs though.
Cute Ark too!
Thanks for sharing S1! :thumbsup

Sciurus1
01-12-2009, 04:53 PM
They do too have squirrels, Red Squirrels! I saw them there under the listing of OTHER. They are real cuties; one didn't want to leave it was so good there, and so they had to release it farther away!

Jackie in Tampa
01-13-2009, 02:55 AM
On their website they have several pics of sqs!
Cute ARK boat thingy too!:thumbsup

babybleu
01-13-2009, 08:47 AM
The ARK is a wonderful place. The director(rehabber) is a great woman who's name is Ruth. The rehab all wildlife except for skunks. They also host an educational Birds of Prey program to educate people about Raptors (hawks and predatory birds) They've done some amazing things there with injured wildlife. At one time they had a bird with a broken beak and a local dentist made a prosthetic so that he could survive while his beak grew into the prosthetic in the proper manner. It's an awesome place and anyone who needs a rehabber in the northern part of Michigan should be very confident to call them.

Bleu:wahoo

Sciurus1
02-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Thank you members for filling in the blanks about this rehabbing group; sound slike they do wonderful work there!

ella
02-02-2009, 05:22 AM
They are wonderful there. I met Ruth she was great. Someone brought me 7 red sqs that were found in the trash, can u believe that someone would even do that anyways, my freind brought them to me, i contacted ARK, and met Ruth half way she took them and they did fine...Ella aka Pam