PDA

View Full Version : mixing it up with the squirrel block recipe

Al's mom
01-07-2009, 10:45 AM
My Al is now an outdoor squirrel, but I still make him the squirrel blocks. Last night I made a new batch. I was out of plain yogurt so I used some blueberry yogurt and could not find the potassium pills so I put in two bananas. He LOVES these new blocks. I hope they are OK. I read somewhere here that the main goal of the blocks was to get all the calcium and other supplements into the squirrel, so I hope it is OK, but I have to tell you, this was the easiest way for him to get the supplements he needs! He ate TWO for breakfast, where usually it is one at best:thumbsup
PS since I used the bananas, the dough was a bit runny, not stiff like the old blocks, so I just scooped it with a spoon and baked them like cookies, at the low temperature for 50 minutes or so. They are great!

4skwerlz
01-07-2009, 10:47 AM
My Al is now an outdoor squirrel, but I still make him the squirrel blocks. Last night I made a new batch. I was out of plain yogurt so I used some blueberry yogurt and could not find the potassium pills so I put in two bananas. He LOVES these new blocks. I hope they are OK. I read somewhere here that the main goal of the blocks was to get all the calcium and other supplements into the squirrel, so I hope it is OK, but I have to tell you, this was the easiest way for him to get the supplements he needs! He ate TWO for breakfast, where usually it is one at best:thumbsup
PS since I used the bananas, the dough was a bit runny, not stiff like the old blocks, so I just scooped it with a spoon and baked them like cookies, at the low temperature for 50 minutes or so. They are great!

Excellent!:thumbsup For outdoor squirrels, your blocks are certainly healthier than nuts.