PDA

View Full Version : Searching for homemade squirrellog recipe

catlady
12-31-2008, 06:30 PM
Hi All ~

I have been purchasing C&S Sweet Corn Squirrelogs and would like instructions on how to make my own. On the package the only ingredient listed is Sweet Corn Flour. I would like to make them into different shapes as well as the logs if anyone has done this before. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

catlady
01-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Thx for the links. I am only feeding outdoor squirrels at this time. I have been putting out the following: unsalted-raw peanuts, walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and corn-on-the-cob. The squirrellog is purchased at the pet store and is very popular with my "guys". I'll check out the squirrel block as an alternative.

BTW, why is the corn and sunflower seeds bad? They keep raiding my bird feeders to get at the sunflower seeds so I was looking for something they would eat to distract them, figuring if you can't beat them, join them! I couldn't believe when they went after the worms I put out for the birds last spring. Time to get creative with the bird feeders...

Thx...Catlady >^..^<

Charles Chuckles
01-01-2009, 05:39 PM
:Welcome Gamma would be better to explain, the seeds and corn and nuts rob the squirrels of calcium, then it weekens their bones