PDA

View Full Version : Your Squirrel's Fav Food (NOT nuts!)

happybooker1
12-03-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm trying to find other fruits/veggies/willd stuff that I might not have thought about to feed Twitchy. We all know how crazy they are about nuts & acorns. So besides THOSE, what are some of your squirrel's fave's??:D

Jackie in Tampa
12-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Romaine is number one!
Avocado, mushrooms, blueberries and oranges!
Baby Bok choy.....spinach
Mulberries are popular when in season.The leaves all year round.
They hit on a lot of food, but these are their fav's!:thumbsup
Hibiscus leaves, stems and flowers, Purslane, magnolia cones and pinecones, spainish moss from outside!

digiandchipper
12-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Mushrooms, hibiscus blossoms, hawthorne berries, beauty berries...loves corn BUT of course only gets once in a blue moon (MAYBE once every coulple of weeks)... yogurt, apples.

All that said, if they get any of the above more than once or twice in a row, they are so OVER it 'til next time :shakehead :poke

FLUFFYTAILNUT
12-03-2008, 03:21 PM
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee303/FLUFFYTAILNUT/051708BeaninMexicanoutfitheadcocked.jpg

Bean ..loves...Cilantro,cherry tomatoes,purple cabbage,Kale,Spinich,Avacado's,1 small piece.. size of a dime fresh coconut,carrots,grapes WITH seeds,cactus pear's,apples,sugar snap pea's, green bean's, sping mix blend f salad,cucumber's,green,red & orange pepper's,cherries,yellow squash,acorn squash,asparagus,fresh artichoke,clementine oranges,lemon's,Kumquats,UNCHEMICALLY treated roses, carnations,Italian chestnuts,parsley,sweet potatoe's,strawberry top's,swiss chard, PINE cones from outside,a box of moistened soil,
OKAY...this should be enough for you to...give your squirrel to try out..:D :thumbsup:wave123 :wave123 :wave123 :wave123 :Welcome :Welcome :Welcome To The Squirrel Board from Rachel n Bean :Welcome :Welcome :Welcome :Welcome :wave123 :wave123 :wave123

gs1
12-03-2008, 06:28 PM
I have some wild semi tame squirrels but this is what i've noticed;

hibiscus leaves, lilac branches, maple seed heads - the helicopters, mulberries, dandelion leaves, rosebuds - all 100% organic - untreated.

apples ofcourse, rasberries sometimes and cherries - ofcourse i don't know what the affect is on them....

i did see billy chewing on the cherry tree branches 2 weeks ago and freak out because it's supposed to be poisonous (to rabbits) and i don't know enough about squirrels to be relaxed about it.

fluffytailnut: another amazing photo of bean. :)

and here i'm showing my squirrel ignorance but potatoes and especially carnations are supposed to be poisonous for rabbits (i know because of my rabbit slave status) and so i guess it's not the same for squirrels?

I know you know what you're doing - i'm just curious.

thanks.

FLUFFYTAILNUT
12-03-2008, 06:34 PM
fluffytailnut: another amazing photo of bean. :)

and here i'm showing my squirrel ignorance but potatoes and especially carnations are supposed to be poisonous for rabbits (i know because of my rabbit slave status) and so i guess it's not the same for squirrels?

I know you know what you're doing - i'm just curious.

thanks.
Yes....all of the things I have stated are SAFE...as long as YOU personally know THE Carnation hasnt been treated...and the sweet potatoes are good too..:thumbsup That Sweet Potato is ONE of his favorite foods:D about 4 nice sized chunks..:)
Thanks..I love that Mexican Bean picture...:tilt