PDA

View Full Version : Ok.. help me out with my new find

scoobysnack
11-24-2008, 06:21 PM
So it's been awhile. I'm guessing this baby I just found in the road to be 4-5 weeks. Eyes aren't open yet but they will be shortly I can see a small opening on one eye.

I totally forget how much to feed them by body weight. Can someone remind me how much she should get per gram of body weight?

Thanks so much. Amazing how quickly we forget the basics!

Ohh here are the photos I just took.

island rehabber
11-24-2008, 06:51 PM
scoobs she's bee-yootiful! I know I'm a worry-wart but have you really really checked her over everywhere? Especially under her little arms and upper back, where predator teeth often puncture. The way she was just dropped in the middle of the road makes me worry that a cat might have had her.....

scoobysnack
11-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Hi IR...

I had the same worries and I've looked her over several times. I can't find a thing wrong with her. She's active, sleeps happily in my hands and even managed to figure out how to take pedialyte from the syringe.

She seems to stay warm on her own as well but I still have the heating pad under one end of the container.

Thanks gamma for that number I can't believe how quickly I forgot all this information!!

wheezer
11-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Awww she is very cute:tilt
I guess that shows how warmer weather brings late babies:D

Don't feel bad, I do about one or two little ones a year. Three years ago I worked at a rehab center for five years, raising many many a year and I still forget now:D

foxsquirrels
11-24-2008, 07:32 PM
Aw, she is just precious!:Love_Icon :Love_Icon She does look like her eyes are about to open! I'm so glad you've got good eyes and instincts!:grouphug Doesn't it just make you cringe when you think of little tiny animals in the street.:shakehead So glad you found her!

Snipe
11-24-2008, 07:46 PM
She sure is cute:D

:thinking
Maybe you had better start practicing the speech where you tell Scooby a sister in in the oven :rotfl

island rehabber
11-24-2008, 07:56 PM
:thinking
Maybe you had better start practicing the speech where you tell Scooby a sister in in the oven :rotfl

:jump

scoobysnack
11-24-2008, 08:12 PM
The girl who was driving when I saw her is someone I met in person for the first time today. She's a crazy horse person like me.

Well she is really impressed with how much I act like an abused spouse with Scooby. She said "You realize you're in an abusive relationship right". And I said "I know but sometimes I do things that drive her to bite me". *grins*

So far so good. But yes Snipe I will be working on that speech.

Baby (who needs a name) is a little nipple confused. She's very active and seems healthy so I'm just giving her small doses at a time to get her used to the idea of the syringe with a nipple.

Glad I kept all the stuff from Scooby!! and that I had Esbilac in the freezer!

TexanSquirrel
11-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Best of luck to both of you!

skye
11-24-2008, 09:03 PM
:D aww what a little darling Good luck with your new baby:D

Minnie's Mom
11-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Great Pics of her :kewlpics and good luck to both of you. :grouphug

digiandchipper
11-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Looks like Scooby might have a little 'cousin' for a while..?..:Love_Icon