PDA

View Full Version : walnuts

SUNSHINE
11-19-2008, 04:24 PM
kinda stupid question but are all walnuts safe? why ASK IS BECAUSE SOME NUTS THAT I PICKED ARE VERY STRONG SMELLING AND MY GIRL TURNS HER NOSE AT THEM I JUST CLEANED SOME TODAY TO SEE IF IT MAKES A DIFFERANCE THEY LOOK LIKE THE OTHER NUTS I PICKED THEY LOVE BUT THESE FELL OF TREES LATER AND SEEMED HARDERSHELLED I GUESS SINCE MAYBE THEY STAYED ON TREES LONGER:thankyou

christine126
12-09-2011, 12:00 PM
I know nothing about nuts. Sorry! I have some friends that are nuts about nuts:crazy They even fight about nuts:tilt And some of my friends say I'm nuts!:wave123 But at least I'm a happy nut!:jump You'll have to wait for the nut experts to answer this question! :bowdown Sorry couldn't resist!:D

island rehabber
12-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Walnuts rot easily and when they are rotten they smell STRONG, and awful. The nut inside will be black, instead of light tan-brown color. Our squirrels can often tell the walnut is no good without even cracking it.
BTW: christine? Always look at the time and date of each post in the upper left hand corner. Sunshine's post was from.......2008.

christine126
12-09-2011, 12:23 PM
proves I'm a little nutty

mpetys
12-09-2011, 12:27 PM
proves I'm a little nutty

You'll fit right in here with the rest of us! :jump :jump