PDA

View Full Version : almonds make Pokets Agressive !!!

Zyrex
11-03-2008, 08:55 PM
I noticed that almonds and most nuts make her act out when those foods a present. Yet i give her grapes bannas raisins green beans and so on she is fine will sit and eat and with agression at all i can even take the food shes just fine. Its those darm nuts.

4skwerlz
11-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Yeah, they go nuts when nuts are around. :D I taught my little monster to take food politely, and not to grab at it. So he takes his nuts nicely, but I do let him eat them in peace since I value my fingers:D A lot of people say it's good not to let them build up a cache of nuts as they can get aggressive when anyone comes near it. Not to mention the food in their stash can go bad and start to stink. Every squirrel is different....

acorniv
11-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Mine is the most possessive when she's found some chocolate. She doesn't attack, but she swears a blue streak and does her best to run and hide with it. I've had quite a tug of war with her over it!

What I do is take it away but give her a single chocolate chip to soothe her feelings. She tolerates chocolate (found out by accident on Easter) but I don't really want her to have it. I've found that over time she is less aggressive when I try to take something away, knowing she's going to get a portion or a treat she loves. She seems to understand compromise. Wish she'd teach the cats...