PDA

View Full Version : Please help

jonmom
11-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Fidget is doing well. But we are still having some issues. We have tried EVERY vegetable that is on the list that our grocery stores carry and we have even drove to other stores to get different things. But Fidget WILL NOT eat them!!!!!!! I have taken everything else away from her and she will not eat it. She will push it through the bottom of her cage. I haven't been as worried in the pass cause she was still drinking her formula but now she has started to self wean. She might take 5cc if that. We have tried different brands of rodent blocks and even tried the recipe off here and she will not touch it. I am so scared she is going to develop MSD. My husband doesn't seem as concerned but I can't help it. I would hate for something to happen to her. Please tell me what to do. I don't know.

TexanSquirrel
11-03-2008, 11:23 AM
How long has she gone without eating? She may just not be hungry enough yet...

ShesASquirrelyGirl
11-03-2008, 11:38 AM
How old is she and what does she eat daily/ how much? You said she Might take 5 cc is that once a day? how many times a day?

If she is still weaning then you need to worry about rodent block first. She might not be ready for a bunch of veggies yet. Rodent block is more important right now. Just leave them in with her. Once she eventually starts nibbling the rodent block start giving less esbilac ( hang a water bottle or shallow dish of water) When she really starts gnawing and eating the rodent block and the esbilac is a once a day thing then you can offer veggies after she eats the rodent block, later in the afternoon/evening. If she is still drinking esbilac though I wouldn't worry to much about mbd.
You might just be trying to soon and offering to many things and worrying yourself over nothing =)

jonmom
11-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Fidget is 12-13 weeks old and as for the formula that is once a day if that. Sometimes she will take it and sometimes she won't. I have left the blocks in with her since she was 7 weeks and she won't touch them. She will pick it up and throw it back down. Oh and she has a water bottle that we keep fresh water in.

ShesASquirrelyGirl
11-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Make sure they are fresh blocks, she may have peed on them and they are no longer good. Some Squirrels take longer then others. I had one who wouldn't ween until it was about 20 weeks old. Wouldn't touch anything!
She won't let herself starve as long as she isn't sick. Check her teeth and make sure they are ok, if so stick with it.
What else you can try is soaking the rodent blocks in esbilac and putting it in when you would normally feed her the esbilac, or adding rodent block mash to the formula and syringing it to her from a larger gg syringe so she gets used to the taste of rodent block.
You can order a larger Syringes from Squirrelsandmore.com that have wide enough tips to pass the mash through. If you want to add calcium its your call.

I would also get an OTT light as well.

jonmom
11-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Another question---Is it ok to give her vitamin supplements since she is not eating good? If so what kind can I give her?