PDA

View Full Version : baby grey- Spot

dasie
08-20-2006, 12:33 PM
I have a baby grey squirrel and i think hes about 6 weeks old he opened his eyes 5 days ago, he is trying to walk and has big bottom teeth. I feed him formula every four hours... so when can i start him on other foods, and what can i give him? Oh and how do i kno if he has any diseses like rabies? Advice Please!!!

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
08-20-2006, 12:59 PM
I dont believe squirrles get rabbies from what I have read.

Timber
08-20-2006, 01:05 PM
NO! Squirrels Are Not Carriers Of Rabies! Like any animal including humans they can contract rabies if they are bitten by another rabid animal, raccoon, bat, fox for example but they themselves do not carry the rabies virus.

Cindy G
08-20-2006, 02:29 PM
You could give some nuts and sunflower, pumkin- seed fruits apples grapes vegies carrots ect. You will find out what he likes and don't like.

momshea4
08-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Can I ask you how he is walking? I have one who just opened his eyes a few days ago... his balance is way off, and he wobbles like crazy. I am afraid of damage he may have suffered in his tree-fall. Could you describe how yours walks? Thanks!

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
08-20-2006, 05:09 PM
They do walk wobbly for atleast a week, untill they get more sure footed.

rygel1hardt
08-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Be kind of sparing of the nuts as they will try to eat them and not the stuff that is good for them. Nuts still in the shell are good though for chewing purposes. Stacey

You could give some nuts and sunflower, pumkin- seed fruits apples grapes vegies carrots ect. You will find out what he likes and don't like.

dasie
08-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Can I ask you how he is walking? I have one who just opened his eyes a few days ago... his balance is way off, and he wobbles like crazy. I am afraid of damage he may have suffered in his tree-fall. Could you describe how yours walks? Thanks!
Thanks for the advice. He is wobbly and he falls over also.