PDA

View Full Version : New stupid people in Marion cty, fl

Caglemedic
10-30-2008, 10:40 PM
I found another idiot, who wants people to catch squirrels so he can breed them and the nice approach doesn't work. This is the ad...

http://ocala.craigslist.org/pet/898276767.html

I am looking for some Fox Squirrels for breeding and restocking my home area. Not the generic grey squirrels ... but the big squirrels with a black face and white ears and big bushy tails. Animals must be in good health and not harmed in any way during captive process. Adults and juviniles are what I am looking for. Males but mostly females is what I am looking for. This is for my own private use ........ not for resale or for commercial gains..................

We had them here in my area long ago but due to domestic developments they are all gone. I saw my first one yesterday in over 25 years ....... and now I want to restock my homestead area. They are so majestic and the most beautiful of squirrels. Please be humane as possible in your trapping process.

Please reply to me at john-smith.1948@msn.com for any prospects

So I wrote him a very nice letter telling him it was illegal and he should just try helping out the rehabbers nearby to release them. Well DUMBO wrote me this...

Thank you for your concern and kind words. That is why I picked the winter to try my luck getting a few. This is hunting season now ... there are no babies to contend with. I would rather have them romping around naturally in my back yard than on somesones dinner plate and their hide nailed to the barn wall.
Thank you also for the info on the rehab idea. I am in Winter Garden so I will check my area here.

Thanks again,
John

So I wrote this, hit FLAGGED multiple times, wrote the administration at craigslist...

I was hoping that you would understand by you requesting and recieving trapped wildlife like squirrels without a rehabber license or working with one, that it is illegal and could result in fines or other by WFC. I am not trying to be a bitch but you still have your ad up. As good as your intention are, it may only encourage dumb people to male the wrong decision. Please remove your ad, please.

So anyone want to help? I need his ad Flagged, go to the top right hand corner. You will see a place that says "please flag with care". Under that is: miscategorized, prohibited, spam/overpost, and best of craigslist. Please hit prohibited since it is prohibited by Craigslist terms.

Jackie in Tampa
10-30-2008, 10:44 PM
It's already gone!:bowdown

Caglemedic
10-31-2008, 04:37 AM
MAybe my last email sunk in. Thanks anyways, I'll keep watch here and am grateful that when I need back up you all will help!:jump :wahoo

Chesters_mom
10-31-2008, 10:36 AM
My interpretation of his reply to you said something entirely different than what you apparently read. It sounds like to me that you did get through to him and that he is indeed going to try to contact rehabbers in his area at your suggestion. He sounds like a very nice man who obviously loves the squirrels and is saddened by their demise in his area even tho he was going about it the wrong way.:)

Caglemedic
11-03-2008, 10:02 AM
He emailed me later, and he did not get my first email. I ended up getting it deleted myself. He sent me this nasty email I later deleted. We have had several problems with people here in Central Florida. And the whole females thing is really creepy. You can see on several of my other post that we have found people who will sell squirrel with no regard of the law. Sorry if I sound defensive but I have defended people like this, talking with them on thier own. But in the end they just do it again.

TexanSquirrel
11-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Maybe next time you can also mention how hard it would be on the squirrel to be released in an area where it has no food store, no nests built, etc.

FallensMommie
11-03-2008, 12:08 PM
He emailed me later, and he did not get my first email. I ended up getting it deleted myself. He sent me this nasty email I later deleted. We have had several problems with people here in Central Florida. And the whole females thing is really creepy. You can see on several of my other post that we have found people who will sell squirrel with no regard of the law. Sorry if I sound defensive but I have defended people like this, talking with them on thier own. But in the end they just do it again.

How about instead of contacting them contact the Florida Fish and Wildlife and give them emial/phone number whatever pertains to this dodohead and let law enforcement deal with this numbskull :D

When it comes to fox squirrels it is illegal to even pick up a dead one from road kill...I think they would be very interested in such persons asking to trap and relocate to his property!
http://askit.myfwc.com/cgi-bin/myfwc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2426&p_created=1161190445&p_sid=xiOIZZhj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9MTImcF9wcm9kcz0wJnBfY2F0cz0wJnBfcHY9JnB fY3Y9JnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9c3F1aXJyZWw*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Sarabi
11-03-2008, 12:27 PM
I found another idiot, who wants people to catch squirrels so he can breed them and the nice approach doesn't work. This is the ad...

http://ocala.craigslist.org/pet/898276767.html

I am looking for some Fox Squirrels for breeding and restocking my home area. Not the generic grey squirrels ... but the big squirrels with a black face and white ears and big bushy tails. Animals must be in good health and not harmed in any way during captive process. Adults and juviniles are what I am looking for. Males but mostly females is what I am looking for. This is for my own private use ........ not for resale or for commercial gains..................

We had them here in my area long ago but due to domestic developments they are all gone. I saw my first one yesterday in over 25 years ....... and now I want to restock my homestead area. They are so majestic and the most beautiful of squirrels. Please be humane as possible in your trapping process.

Please reply to me at john-smith.1948@msn.com for any prospects

So I wrote him a very nice letter telling him it was illegal and he should just try helping out the rehabbers nearby to release them. Well DUMBO wrote me this...

Thank you for your concern and kind words. That is why I picked the winter to try my luck getting a few. This is hunting season now ... there are no babies to contend with. I would rather have them romping around naturally in my back yard than on somesones dinner plate and their hide nailed to the barn wall.
Thank you also for the info on the rehab idea. I am in Winter Garden so I will check my area here.

Thanks again,
John

So I wrote this, hit FLAGGED multiple times, wrote the administration at craigslist...

I was hoping that you would understand by you requesting and recieving trapped wildlife like squirrels without a rehabber license or working with one, that it is illegal and could result in fines or other by WFC. I am not trying to be a bitch but you still have your ad up. As good as your intention are, it may only encourage dumb people to male the wrong decision. Please remove your ad, please.

So anyone want to help? I need his ad Flagged, go to the top right hand corner. You will see a place that says "please flag with care". Under that is: miscategorized, prohibited, spam/overpost, and best of craigslist. Please hit prohibited since it is prohibited by Craigslist terms.

I too saw this and brought it to our inspectors attentionmjs
Don't know if he followed up on though:dono

Loopy Squirrel
11-04-2008, 07:09 AM
Does this idiot realize that he is asking for a protected species. Good luck. It's a huge fine, not to mention a FELONY, to have these guys in his possession illegally. Your not allowed to relocate them either. If they are not there now then that is tough. You can't create a new population. What rock do these people come out from under???

digiandchipper
11-04-2008, 07:30 PM
I like Marion county, it's very pretty. My sister used to live there and there are some other nice people there, also. I believe John Travolta even owned (or maybe still does) a huge horse farm type plantation there. (Well, my sister loves him, so SHE was impressed:) )

BUT: There is a BIG OL' rock somewhere in Marion county sheltering A BUNCH of folks that should never crawl out!!! - that is one reason my sis doesn't live there anymore... I believe she said something about banjo music....

(Hope this doesn't offend anyone here who may be from there:hidechair . Since you're here, though, obviously you're not one of the rock people.

philomycus
11-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Since you're here, though, obviously you're not one of the rock people.

:rotfl You made me laugh my tail off.....

IskyWildlifeRescue
11-06-2008, 08:21 AM
Doesn't the dirt bag get that if there are no more squirrels of that type in his area it's because there is no longer an environment that can support them?! :thinking