PDA

View Full Version : Bobblehead

momshea4
08-19-2006, 09:36 PM
My little grey opened his eyes a few days ago. Everything is going fine.. he takes about 6 ccs every 3-5 hours. He is filling out and feels strong, poops well, etc. My question is about his coordination. When he puts his head up, it often wobbles like crazy. Also, if I put him on a flat surface, he falls over and scoots backwards.... like he is drunk. I worry because he did suffer a tree-fall before I got him. Is this wobbling and 'no balance' normal, or might he have neurological damage? Thanks if you can offer any knowledge....

Cindy G
08-19-2006, 10:05 PM
WhenThin Tail and his two brothers and 1 sister fell out of a tree, she did that.
Sad to say that she did not make it she did have neurological damage.
Best of luck I will pray for all of you.

momshea4
08-19-2006, 10:45 PM
So..the other ones, when they opened their eyes... they had better coordination?

GhosTS
08-20-2006, 12:45 AM
Babies doesnt have good coordination till they are around 6-7 weeks old.which is about 2 weeks more for your baby.I think you should give him more time.Bad coordination can be due to many reasons..Nurological damage is one.Some others can be Blindness..ear infection..Deafness.I hope that your baby is fine and it is just baby wobbling.Keep up hope.

momshea4
08-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Well, I am still watching Little Squirrel. His head still does that really wobbly thing sometimes (if I touch his head, it stops). He still will scoot backwards, but he climbs forward if on an incline. He tries to wash his face now, but to do so means sitting on his haunches, and he will topple over more often than not. He weighs a little over 5 ounces. He likes to nibble on grapes, apple and plum (I only offer a little, just for practice). He licks yogurt from a spoon. Sometimes his tail curls up in that cute squirrel way, and it is just starting to fluff out a bit. I really HATE waiting! Waiting to see if he is brain-damaged. I tried to search online for some definitive signs of damage, but no luck. I know he can see, because if he is gazing at something, his head will stay trained on the object no matter which way I turn him. And he is not deaf, either... he startles at loud noises. I guess I am hoping to hear from other people whose 5-week old squirrel exhibited these same signs. Sorry ... I am a worrywart!

Timber
08-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Their blance is not that well at this age. I laugh at Wahdee trying to sit up and hold a piece of food and eat at the same time. She falls backwards and loses her piece of food then proceeds to look for it frantically.