PDA

View Full Version : food advice

luvem
08-18-2006, 10:33 AM
My little guy is about 6 and half weeks and does not have upper teet as far as I can see. I'm wondering what I can give him aside from formula. I tried apple but he wasn't interested. Any advice would be appreciated. :thankyou

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
08-18-2006, 10:36 AM
grapes
romaine
watermellon
anything with calcium!

these are some of my babies favorites
also Kale is very good. Whatever is soft to eat if no teeth?
How about bottom teeth?

luvem
08-18-2006, 01:14 PM
grapes
romaine
watermellon
anything with calcium!

these are some of my babies favorites
also Kale is very good. Whatever is soft to eat if no teeth?
How about bottom teeth?
He's got his bottom teeth I'm still just waiting on those uppers. Thanks so much for te advice!!!:thumbsup

dasie
08-20-2006, 12:07 PM
My baby is about 6 weeks old and has big bottom teeth but the top ones havent come in yet.... so what other food can i give him besides the formula, and when??

momshea4
08-20-2006, 04:20 PM
I peeled a grape for my baby (he is not yet 6 weeks old). He only has bottom teeth that I can see, but I can FEEL the uppers, just barely there. He just licked the grape like crazy..it was very cute!

muffinsquirrel
08-20-2006, 09:30 PM
Mine all like yogurt. Any flavor, just make sure it is live-culture yogurt. And it's full of calcium.

muffinsquirrel

Secret Squirrel
08-20-2006, 10:23 PM
Don't use artificially sweetened yogurt FYI!!!:thumbsup

Mine all like yogurt. Any flavor, just make sure it is live-culture yogurt. And it's full of calcium.

muffinsquirrel

YamahaGirl
08-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Can someone recommend specific brands of yogurt to avoid confusion of reading tons of labels in the store...lol.:thumbsup

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
08-21-2006, 03:55 PM
ya give m a brand?
I would love to get them some!

muffinsquirrel
08-21-2006, 05:39 PM
I usually use Dannon LaCreme, whatever flavor. But any brand is OK as long as it is live culture, and no artificial sweetener. Right now I have Yoplait Thick and Creamy, because they were out of Dannon.

muffinsquirrel

Squerly
08-21-2006, 06:24 PM
Right now I have Yoplait Thick and Creamy, because they were out of Dannon.

muffinsquirrelWell that's very informative Muffin, but what do you give the squirrels?

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
08-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Just not the diet right?

muffinsquirrel
08-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Well that's very informative Muffin, but what do you give the squirrels?

Squirrels??? Were we talking about squirrels???? OOPS!

muffinsquirrel

YamahaGirl
08-22-2006, 08:38 AM
I usually use Dannon LaCreme, whatever flavor. But any brand is OK as long as it is live culture, and no artificial sweetener. Right now I have Yoplait Thick and Creamy, because they were out of Dannon.

muffinsquirrel

THANKS so much!

I only have one question, I found out a little last night about the yogurts that have live cultures and no artificial sweetners in them. I was told Breyers was a good one. But I was told that Yoplait does not have live cultures, is this maybe only for the regular and not the thick and creamy? I could also have been misinformed as I did not look for myself I was told by a friend.

Live cultures and no artificial sweetners!! Ill remember that!

My one has just opened both his eyes, so I think he would be around that 5 week mark, so its ok to start him on the yogurt now?

Thank you!
Heather:thumbsup

Thee Empress
08-26-2006, 10:32 AM
08/26/06

Hi
You asked about what to feed your baby. The best thing is warm puppy milk every 3-4 hours with a syringe. The baby will suck on the syringe so push on it slowly to avoid hurting the teeth. Baby will be on formula for about 6 weeks until teeth are stong enough to chew and when this happens, anchor down. Do not let them chew on anything that would not be part of their native environment such as plastics, wooden blocks, windowsills, plywood, etc...I would suggest getting pieces of limbs of trees around the area in which you found the baby in order to avoid any trauma to developing teeth. Rember bark is different from plastics, wooden blocks, plywood and windowsills.

When baby is ready for food it must be soft foods like cooled steamed broccoli, canned corn, peeled grapes, pitted cherries things like that. Remeber, NO BANANNA it is bad for them. You can go to the following website for lots of great info.

www.geocities.com/squirrelworld/index.html

www.squirrelworld.com

www.mary.cc/squirrels/

www.thesquirrelstore.com

I hope I have helped and please remeber you are among the chose few in this world who are fortunate enough to be blessed and graced with the presents of a squirrel in your life. Others, only dream and desire the happiness, peace and tranquility they bring you are living it! Believe it or not this little gem is showing you and others what you really are.....BEAUTIFUL, GRACEFUL, ELIGENT AND MAJESTIC.

Lots of HUGS & KISSES to your baby:)

I wish upon you a lifetime of Blessings:)

Mary S. Floyd