PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe?

Theodore's Mommy
10-12-2008, 10:30 PM
I bought this log a few weeks ago because i thought Theodore would love it. I seen the log if 100% edible, so I figured it would be okay. The ingredients list that there is alfalfa included in this log...Is it still okay for me to place in his cage?

digiandchipper
10-12-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm not an expert, but I have read that alfalfa is okay for both flying squirrels and ground squirrels. What kind of squirrel is Theodore?

muffinsquirrel
10-12-2008, 11:22 PM
I got my flyers one something like that once. They nibbled on it maybe twice, then they peed it to death!!! Took them quite a while to do it, however.(That was the closest I ever came to potty training a squirrel!!) That was one nasty looking (and smelling) hut when I finally took it out!!

:rofl4 :rofl4 :rofl4

muffinsquirrel

Chesters_mom
10-12-2008, 11:46 PM
I bought Chester one too, just made a little differently. I thought it would be good for him to chew on even if he didn't eat it but, he too nibbled on it a time or two and abandoned it. But he chews on everything else lol.

JudyB
10-13-2008, 12:15 AM
I got my flyers one something like that once. They nibbled on it maybe twice, then they peed it to death!!! Took them quite a while to do it, however.(That was the closest I ever came to potty training a squirrel!!) That was one nasty looking (and smelling) hut when I finally took it out!!

:rofl4 :rofl4 :rofl4

muffinsquirrel

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl so funny LMAO :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

ShesASquirrelyGirl
10-13-2008, 07:07 PM
There is a ton of sugar in those things which wouldn't be very healthy for a squirrely to eat or nibble on daily. Plus those things hoard bacteria.