PDA

View Full Version : Weaned - now what?!?

digiandchipper
10-11-2008, 10:19 AM
:sanp3 Digi and Chipper (10wks?)have almost completely given up the esbilac. They will take a few sips from a saucer each day - not at each feeding. I have made the squirrel blocks-cookies using a TSB recipe that calls for esbilac in the recipe. They have taken a few nibbles but not enough to matter. Have been offering this for over a week.

They regularly munch on kale, carrots and acorns from the yard. They also chew alot on the oak branches in their cage and hibiscus leaves and blossoms.

My worry: can they be getting sufficient nutrition from the vegetable and little sips of formula since they won't eat the rodent block?????????????
What else can I do/offer????

Thanks to anyone for advice:thankyou :thankyou :thankyou

digiandchipper
10-11-2008, 11:31 AM
They have been getting about 2-3 hrs morning light during their daily 'outing' on the screen porch but I read somewhere here (?) that the screen blocks the needed uv's?

Do you think Target has the lights? We don't have any of those other stores in our little town.........I can drive to the city on Monday.:thankyou You are a great help!

digiandchipper
10-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Oh! and thanks for the squirrel block recipe - you were right, I was making the scones:hidechair

Peaches
10-12-2008, 03:49 PM
My squirrels dont eat enough of the rodent blocks or squirrel blocks either so I added a cup of the fiesta fortified rat food to the squirrel block mix. That got them eating. :crazy

digiandchipper
10-12-2008, 07:21 PM
When you say you have them out on the porch, do you mean in a cage on the porch? If not, I don't think I would do that, or else don't take your eyes off them for one minute. We have had several people lose their squirrels because they chewed holes through screens, whether it be on a porch, or having a window up. :(

Oh, I am too much of a worrywart to EVER let them out there on their own!!! :thumbsup They are in a cage where they can get the morning sun.:thumbsup We are in FL where the weather is still warm and the sun is shining almost every morning, so the screen porch is a great place to be, even in a cage:) . Also, I work parttime and homeschool, so my son and I are able to sit out there with them very often and for extended periods, so they can get out and explore. Thanks for checking, though! It's always better safe than sorry!!!!!

I am happy to know they are getting SOME sun that way, but I am definitely getting the light tomorrow! Thanks again:thankyou :thankyou