PDA

View Full Version : squirrel diet--for those to release?

lilbear
10-09-2008, 08:22 AM
Hi! I just found the "healthy diet for pet squirrels", but is there a separate one for those you're rehabbing and plan to release? Is it necessary for rehabbed furries to have rodent block? Should I just follow the diet as is?

pamela lee
10-09-2008, 08:30 AM
I raise to release all my furbabies and they all get Rodent block. It's the very first solid food all mine get so they grow-up LOVING it. The only thing I do different then the pet squirrel diet is I don't give fruit unless it is a wild fruit they would find out here on their own. Like wild strawberries, blackberries, persimmons, plum and muskadines, these are just a few that grow wild out here at my house and I only give them if they're in season. In other words I feed VERY little fruit, I think it keeps them from eating their veggies and Rodent block.

island rehabber
10-09-2008, 08:35 AM
I raise to release all my furbabies and they all get Rodent block. It's the very first solid food all mine get so they grow-up LOVING it. The only thing I do different then the pet squirrel diet is I don't give fruit unless it is a wild fruit they would find out here on their own. Like wild strawberries, blackberries, persimmons, plum and muskadines, these are just a few that grow wild out here at my house and I only give them if they're in season. In other words I feed VERY little fruit, I think it keeps them from eating their veggies and Rodent block.

:goodpost