PDA

View Full Version : self-weaning??

digiandchipper
09-28-2008, 02:06 PM
My babies, Digi and Chipper, are now approx. 8-9 wks old and in just over 24 hrs have gone from LOVVVVVVVVVVVING their esbilic to turning up their cute little noses! Yesterday at lunch they didn't want more than a sniff, but sometimes lunch isn't that popular. Their bedtime feeding (10-11pm) is one of their faves and they usually suck down at least 8-12 ccs....last night only 2. This morning (another favorite munching time) it was only maybe three. Then at lunch, same thing: they took a couple sips, maybe 1-2 ccs! Then they just run off. There has been no change in the esbilac, I have been using premixed and very warm. No change there.

They became interested in holding things, so I have been supplementing with snacks of cheerios and little acorns - they love em but I think most of the acorns end up at the bottom of the cage in crumbs.

Over the past 2 wks I have tried adding apples (they loved them but it seemed to make poop runny); kale (they DON'T like), green pepper (DON'T like), baby lettuce they like okay, carrots like but only a little munch, bananas love but don't want to give them those if they aren't eating veggies.:nono

NOW: the only change has been they got a new cage yesterday and Chipper loved it, Digi is nervous. I noticed the change in appetite, however, BEFORE moving to the new cage. And I set their old cage inside the new so things would be familiar. Could the change be causing the continuing lack of interest in the formula or are they SELF-WEANING already?????????????

I can't access the link for the squirrel diet, I get a message that says I am not allowed or something. I don't know what to do; I don't want them to start losing weight, they've been gaining steadily and seem so healthy..:osnap Nice pees and poos, and until now, great appetites

Sorry for the long post, wanted to give as much info as possible!mjs

digiandchipper
09-28-2008, 02:33 PM
:thankyou :thankyou Thanks for posting the diet; I don't know why I couldn't open it but I WAS able to open the post regarding the light:thinking .

Anway, I'll start following the new diet and continue offering formula morning, noonish and night. Does this sound okay?

Also, at the pet store the other day, I saw these calcium blocks -shaped like a banana, about the size of my thumb and forefinger together. The ingredients were calcium, phosphorous and artificial banana flavor. Would this work as a calcium supplement? (I didn't buy it until I heard from one of you guys)

Al's mom
10-08-2008, 09:16 PM
I picked up a banana flavored cuttlebone in the bird section at Petsmart, and Al liked that.