PDA

View Full Version : She had her first banana!!!!!!!!(7 weeks old)

jonmom
09-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Fidget is now 7 weeks old and she tried a banana this weekend and she LOVED it.:thumbsup Have a couple questions now
how often should we be feeding her? We have been doing it every 4 hours. Is that ok? Also how often should we give her the banana? We also got the blocks for her but she doesn't really like them. I put some formula on it to get her to taste it. Does the taste grow on them over time or do I need to find her something else? Thanks for all the help.:thankyou

squirrel princess
09-22-2008, 08:19 AM
I would not give her a lot of the banana too much sugar fruits are to be kept at a minimum plus she will never go for the blocks when she gets a taste for sweet:osnap :rotfl every 4 hours is fine:thumbsup

FallensMommie
09-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Bananas are on the list of foods to generally avoid.

Healthy Squirrel Diet we advise:
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11323

Theodore's Mommy
09-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Theodore didn't really like the block either at first...but as I always made sure to keep some in his cage with him, he began to go to them about a week later. I tried a little formula on it as well and nothing seemed to work. He now loves his block. I guess it is something that just has to appeal to them over time. Good luck!:thumbsup

Al's mom
09-23-2008, 06:53 PM
I agree, Al didn't like his blocks either, at first, a week or two later, he loved them.( Keep one in the cage) He LOVES avocado, likes grapes, apple a little bit, and LOVES almonds. Seems to want the formula less and less, although I try and give him the esbilac first, befors other food. I feel he still needs it, especially the calcium. He did like banana at about that age, but isn't interested in it anymore, who knows!:shakehead

squirlnewb
09-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Question about green beans. Do I have to peel these before I give them to a squirrel or can I just cut it up in small pieces and feed them the beens without the skin?

JLM27
09-24-2008, 11:53 AM
I think it is sweet that she ate some banana. Thanks for sharing that with us. Ice cream isn't good for me either, but I have some once in a while. What's life for if not a little ice cream, or banana?