PDA

View Full Version : Formula?

Stardust
09-20-2008, 01:01 PM
so I have heard too much "advice" and it is going NOWHERE. I heard scalded milk works then I heard Esbilac? I bought Esbilac today but haven't given it to her yet ..she's about 5-7 weeks I am guessing..which one should I be using? i'd rather know which is best before I do either

pamela lee
09-20-2008, 01:06 PM
NEVER NEVER FEED A BABY SQUIRREL SCALDED MILK! Unless you want a vaery sick dying baby. Esbilac is the formula closest to a momma squirrel's.

Stardust
09-20-2008, 01:09 PM
That;s what I thought,thank you..I haven't...it still sounds bad to me but some people are saying it's good..well, I feel more comfortable giving it Esbilac anyways

FallensMommie
09-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Esbilac vs. other milk replacers...it will make you go :eek:
http://www.squirreltales.org/sq-pics.htm

Stardust
09-20-2008, 11:49 PM
I have seen that,that is why I was so confused that some people are still advising others to use it :nono I have fed him three or four times today and gave it the water/sugar/salt mix too :) He seems more awake now and my mom has fallen in love with it :D

Al's mom
09-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Esbilac:thumbsup

DMarie
09-26-2008, 02:50 PM
NEVER NEVER FEED A BABY SQUIRREL SCALDED MILK! Unless you want a vaery sick dying baby. Esbilac is the formula closest to a momma squirrel's.

i had heard that, too but i am raising mine on scalded milk and mixed in plain yogurt every other day. then after a week and a half of having him, i mixed in baby rice cereal for his morning and night feedings. i've had him for a month now and he is almost ready to be weaned.
i have also heard bad things about the esbilac. i just stayed with the whole milk.

foxsquirrels
09-26-2008, 02:54 PM
What are you adding, so he will get the vitamins and minerals he needs to grow properly?

Kathy56
09-26-2008, 04:21 PM
I got in 2 babies 2 weeks ago who had been fed milk. One died. The other has been switched to Esbilac. It was a long hard battle to get him on the road to recovery. He was dehydrated,skinny and had a loose bowel. I had to fed him Ensure for 3 days and then put him on half strength Esbilac and work him up to full strength Esbilac.Please switch to Esbilac.

pamela lee
09-26-2008, 05:30 PM
i had heard that, too but i am raising mine on scalded milk and mixed in plain yogurt every other day. then after a week and a half of having him, i mixed in baby rice cereal for his morning and night feedings. i've had him for a month now and he is almost ready to be weaned.
i have also heard bad things about the esbilac. i just stayed with the whole milk.
These are the babies I got in after being fed whole milk, one died and the other is slowly but surely recovering. This is NOT what healthy babies should look like. PLEASE switch to the Esbilac.