PDA

View Full Version : At what age?

DaleJrmom2
09-14-2008, 03:57 PM
My jaque is 6 1/2 weeks old. At this age what kind of fruits and nuts can he start eating. He already eats and loves cherrios and tried a dime size piece of banana and loved it. Just wanna make sure i dont give him stuff before he is allowed to have it.....Many Thanks :D

P.S. Can you post at what age they are allowed to have certain fruits and nuts. AGAIN Many Many Thanks :wave123

DaleJrmom2
09-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Here's a guideline that may help you :)

4 to 7 weeks - formula approximately every 4 hours.

6 to 7 weeks;
Offer Rodent Block, fruit, and a couple of small slices of avocado in nest box;
Feeding amount: at 5 to 6 weeks, the squirrel's intake will rise beyond the weeks of age guideline; give about 6 to 8 cc's per feeding, or all the baby wants if the stool remains firm.

7 to 9 weeks - formula 3 times a day plus solid food listed above;
Add broccoli stems, green beans and other veggies except corn and sweet potatoes.
Feeding amount: all he wants.

9 to 10 weeks - 2 times a day;
Plus food above and now add a small piece of fresh corn and a couple small pieces of sweet potato, other veggies.
Feeding amount: all he wants.

10 to 12 weeks - will reject formula during this period;
Add to food list a couple of almonds or pecans a day.

Just make sure at Jaque's age, that just about all fruits are peeled, and are big enough that he won't chole, but small enough that he can handle it. I cut mine in pizza slice shapes. :D

:thankyou Gamma....I just wanted to make sure i wasnt hurting him by letting him have a cherrio and a lil banana. I will follow what you posted and again :thankyou

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
09-14-2008, 07:18 PM
DJM you are doing a wonderful job with baby.:thumbsup

DaleJrmom2
09-15-2008, 06:13 AM
DJM you are doing a wonderful job with baby.:thumbsup

:thankyou Lil Jaque is growing and has been healthy thus far and we are so thankful. He has become such a big part of our family and i never knew i could fall in love with squirrel:Love_Icon . But he just loves bananas! He put his cherrio aside for his banana piece wanting more when it was gone. I look forward to having much fun with Jaque as he grows and man is this lil guy knows he is spoiled:sanp3 :D .