PDA

View Full Version : Cupcake cuisine

CupCake'sMomma
09-14-2008, 02:42 PM
While sitting and eating my breakfast today - Cupcake decided to DIVE into my bowl of banana's and cream oatmeal, and take HUGE chomps out of it. She was absolutely bonkers for it. I was wondering if it was ok for her to have as a treat? We tend to share food (when i eat she eats) and since I mostly eat veggies and fruit its never been a problem!
I never put sugar in it , but it does have some 1/2 and 1/2 - im worried that might upset her tummy if she gets to much - but it was hard keeping her out of the bowl!!
Could i possibly put some plain yogurt in it? Make it a healthy treat?

Thanks for any advice!!

adoptedmom
09-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi Cupcake's Momma, I'd avoid giving her processed human food - but as long as her diet is generally balanced, you should be ok. Lots of TSB members give their fuzzers human food. Mine won't touch anything processed - which is a blessing, I suppose. She insists on sniffing anything she sees me eating, but she only wants to share if it is raw fruit. Cupcake was probably after the banana - which is a perfectly fine treat.

CupCake'sMomma
09-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Thanks guys!
BABY IS SO CUTE, she looks so pleased with her nummie!! Give her LOTS of kisses for me!!

Cupcake is after it all - strawberry, blueberry, peach, banana. I think she has a sweet tooth!

She loves to investigate my plates - and of course steal things! So far she hasn't gotten in to anything to naughty, the oatmeal would be her 1st! Ive been trying to teach her how to "trade" that is - switch out treats mid snacking, its always worked with my dogs when they get into something they shouldn't - i guess the logic is that if she knows another treat is coming she would be less protective of the one she has. No food aggression and shes perfectly comfortable with me taking nuts and fruit right out of her paws!
:jump

Any tips for storing avocado? Right now i have brown mush in my fridge...yuck:shakehead