PDA

View Full Version : Crazy About Catac - Typical?

rrenner
08-09-2006, 10:10 PM
I tired using a catac nipple on the 1 cc syringe I was using on my 1-week-old when I first got her, but she was so wiggly (and still is) and I was so new at this I had no luck. I tried it again this week now that she's between 2 and 3 weeks (still on the 1 cc syringe) and my goodness, she about swallows that thing and sucks like there is no tomorrow! Is that typical? The one I have is rubber; would a silicone one be a better alternative, or will she be moving to something larger soon anyway? Thanks!

island rehabber
08-09-2006, 10:44 PM
I tired using a catac nipple on the 1 cc syringe I was using on my 1-week-old when I first got her, but she was so wiggly (and still is) and I was so new at this I had no luck. I tried it again this week now that she's between 2 and 3 weeks (still on the 1 cc syringe) and my goodness, she about swallows that thing and sucks like there is no tomorrow! Is that typical? The one I have is rubber; would a silicone one be a better alternative, or will she be moving to something larger soon anyway? Thanks!

I have not tried the silcones yet although I have some here. I've always had good luck with the catacs but for the squirrels I've had, the Four Paws bulb nipple seems to be the favorite. Others may have had different experience. :dono:peace

rrenner
08-10-2006, 09:09 AM
Thanks for your reply! I'll look into those nipples, too. She seems almost frantic when I am feeding her - not always just interested in eating, but snuffling about in my hand, flinging herself around, etc. Is that also typical at this age? I wrap her in a hand towel, which seems to help calm her, but she sure is active at feeding time! I am getting 2 cc's per feeding into her at this time; she's about 40 grams or so in weight, gaining a few grams a day.