PDA

View Full Version : Ut Ohh!

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
08-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Lice..these little babies had white well what I thought was some dried formula.
No its lice! Help!
Flea combed them & changed their bedding! Its bleaching now!:eek:

Apple Corps
08-09-2006, 06:13 PM
No its lice! Help!

I understand that kitty flea powder or 5% Sevin (a garden insect powder you can purchase at the hardware store) for fleas and such. If they are babies I would think you woud have to go lightly - a bit of powder on a small rag and lightly and gently wiping it on the squirrels - none around the eyes, nose, mouth, rear end.

I am a newbie squirrel lover - those with more experience will add their experience.

island rehabber
08-09-2006, 07:51 PM
No its lice! Help!

The "Zodiac" company makes a flea &tick spray that I love....get the one for cats and kittens, it's a silver spray bottle I think. You can spray a little on a cloth and wipe the babies down with it.....the crawlies jump off and within 10 minutes all are dead. I've never had a squirrel get a reaction to it. I wouldn't use anything Hartz Mountain -- I don't trust them, personally. I have heard the Sevin dust is very safe for baby mammals but I have never seen it around these parts.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
08-12-2006, 04:11 PM
We have it under control now!

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
08-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Scratch that I seen another one today the vet only tells me to wash them with soap?

island rehabber
08-15-2006, 07:21 PM
Scratch that I seen another one today the vet only tells me to wash them with soap?

Try warm water and Dawn dishwashing liquid. Supposedly it kills them dead.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
08-16-2006, 08:46 AM
Thats exactly what I used IR & they came back?

island rehabber
08-16-2006, 08:49 AM
Thats exactly what I used IR & they came back?

Damn! Sorry about that...well now we know what doesn't work.....only thing I can suggest from my book here is flea powder that is safe for kittens.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
08-16-2006, 08:51 AM
Ok thanks, I asked the vet about that & he said no but thats what I am going to next..sometimes you have to pick & choose whats best for you right?
Could it be I just missed some of the eggs?

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
08-18-2006, 06:25 AM
Do these things have a life cycle span so I can kind of try to fiqure out when they will reappear if I havent gotten them all again? TIA