PDA

View Full Version : Introduction steve and chuck

Squirrely Steve
09-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Hello, Everyone

My name is Steve and I have a one year old male grey squirrel named Chuck.
I live on a farm, with my wife . we have 4 dogs, 6 cats, 2 pot belly pigs, sheep, pheasants, quail, geese, and chickens. I have been taking care of squirrels on and off for two years now. It all started when my wifes nephew brought us a one week old baby black squirrel . I got information off The Squirrel Board to take care off Him. His name was Peanut. I had him for about 4 months, then lost him to a seizure, I later learn it Was Metabolic Bone Disease. I was devastative . I swore off no more squirrels. Then the wifes nephew called 3 months later and said his neighbor, had a baby grey squirrel my heart raced. I picked him up in less then 15 min. He was 4 weeks old , we named him Earl. I got a better Diet off the Squirrel Board. We had Earl for about 4 months. He got along with everyone . He was a good natured squirrel. Then one day he went out a window screen, and didnt come back. We see him now and then but he keeps his distance. I again swore off no more Squirrels. Then last September my wifes sister called and said outside of the bar they were at a mother squirrel got runned over by a car and there was baby squirrels tring to nurse off of her. I went into town to the bar. I found one little gray squirrel running around, caught him . the next day caught one more the day after one more three total, we named them Chuck, Buddy,and a girl named Pepper. We had them for a about 2 months, three squirrels running around boy that was a hand full . they stayed mostly in the room with the cage , but you could not catch them all and put them in one would always get out when you put one in. then ond day Buddy fell off top of cage and broke his back he died in less then 10 min. a couple days later pepper died on top of cage , not sure what happen to her, no blood, looked normal?. so I have Chuck the for 1 year now. He is the best Pet if have had. he stays in the cage during the day, then when i get home from work , I let him out, he runs the house. plays , and plays he has nests around the house and garage. he sleeps in one of them. in the moring in play with him for one hour then I put him in the cage and go to work. Chuck is a one person squirrel he owns me.
he will chase and bite my wife if he gets a chance. I always got to watch him he dont get to close. I have tried to let him go 3 times he plays in the trees and yard but he comes back to the door and wants back in. he runs and plays with the dogs and cats , I think he is a non-release. I go to The Squirrel Board when I can on mondays to fridays at work in between projects, we dont have a computer at home. I dont work on saturday or sunday. I catch up on farm work those days. I been following Fallen, Bean,and Chipper over the summer. eveyday I can I like to see what they been up to. very Cool Squirrels and Owners. I Love my Chucky, and hope I can keep him or he can keep me as long as he can. Thanks for letting me Share. Steve

Feeze
09-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Wow, sounds like you're already one of us!:D :Welcome

I'm sorry you had to go through so much. It must be wonderful to at last be owned by Chuck. Sounds like a real sweetheart. Sorry you don't get more of a chance to hang around, but you sound like a busy man!

Take care Steve and Chuck! Can't wait to see pictures (hope, hope). See ya Monday!:wave123

Cleo_13
09-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Welcome Steve, and Chuck too!
sorry to hear about Peanut, Buddy, and Pepper :(
I also would like to see pics, do you have any?

Sammy in Canada
09-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Hello Steve and Chuck, my Sammy ( Red Squirrel ) also plays on my tree, loves cats and dogs and comes in the house, have fun with Chuck, Squirrels are the best :Welcome :thumbsup

Momma Squirrel
09-05-2008, 06:12 PM
:Welcome Steve and Chuck, sorry to hear about the others but boy are you owned :D So glad you came back, when you can post some pictures, we love to see new squirrels.

JudyB
09-06-2008, 02:56 PM
:Welcome Welcome Steve and Chuck!
Your story is very heart felt. :Love_Icon
Please keep us updated and with pics too!!! :jump

Ratman
09-06-2008, 06:36 PM
WELCOME to TSB!! We just joined yesterday!!! and already these are the finest people I've ever met online :)

TinyPaws
09-06-2008, 06:47 PM
:Welcome to our board...Glad to have you join us..:wave123

FLUFFYTAILNUT
09-06-2008, 07:00 PM
hey...glad to see youve finally joined us here on the squirrel board:Welcome STEVE N CHUCK....& wife..whats her name mrs steve..im kidding..
glad to see you like it here..
now were going to have to work on you getting a computer at home..:poke
id go nuts with out mine...i kicked and screamed....as i guess you must have follwed our soap opera here...that it took me for ever...to get this baby...(lap top) check out the pawn shops..i got an excellent deal on my lap top!!
i cant wait to see some pictures...:poke

you sound like a good ole' boy..with your full...zoo...chuck just complete's it!
oh man dont i know about the...spouse chasing...bean has a stroke when hubby (sal)..comes into beans room... :eek: he will run over to him.....gggrrrr...bbzzzzz.bbbzzzzz...bzzzz swat....run away.....still cursing ..looking over his shoulder...bbbbzzz...bzzzzzz.....hopping onto me on my shoulder....with 'that look....MY HUMAN....MY MA MA'......
sacry thing is...i have a feeling you know exactly what im talking about....am i right..?:jump
well.....happy to have you and your family with us...get those pictures up...soon..and again:Welcome to the squirrel board!!:Welcome
rachel n bean:wave123 http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee303/FLUFFYTAILNUT/th_LYNNGIFTSforBeanandmeOUTSIDEWHAR-6.jpg:wave123

skye
09-07-2008, 10:30 PM
:wave123 Hello glad you joined us here and hope to see pics soon.:D

Squirrely Steve
09-08-2008, 04:42 PM
:thankyou Thanks Every one for the welcome. I spend the Day trying to figure out how to send pictures and to navagate around. Rachel, my wifes name is Sheri, and you are Exactly right on how Chuck chases her, like bean.
:sanp3 , not sure if this Smilies are working . here is some pictures , took some time to figure out, first try. starting with peanut , then Earl then Chuck ,Buddy,Pepper, then a few more of Chuck. I will get Better at this . We will try some more tomorrow. Have a Good night everyone:wave123

JudyB
09-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Awww, what beautiful babies you have, past and present. I love them all! :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug Pls keep the pics coming!

FLUFFYTAILNUT
09-08-2008, 07:05 PM
OMG....... :eek: those are great.....:jump i love the one with all the furry kids hangen together on the sofa!!
sheri...try not to be too offended....they really are a one person animal...
thats okay...right? you have steve...:D :thumbsup :tilt

have a great night...yes yes...keep those pics coming!
rachel n bean:wave123

skye
09-08-2008, 08:38 PM
OMG how sweet:D All your fur babies are very cute. I love the baby squirrel in the window and in the tree of my how precious:D Great photos thanks for sharing sure hope to see more soon.:)

Squerly
09-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Hey Steve, welcome to TSB! :peace And let me say, that's one fine looking guard dog you have there... here's mine.

Momma Squirrel
09-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Steve what a great looking bunch you have there, I love the picture with the three in the log :thumbsup

And then of course the one of the German Shepherd I am very partial :D I'm Squerly's better half and that guard dog belongs to me too :tilt

Would love to hear more about your doggie, maybe in another thread as to not take away from the fuzzers.

tatcat
09-09-2008, 09:54 PM
:multi :wave123 hi steve and sheri and chuck :Welcome :Welcome :Welcome to our nutty world...omg, the pic of the lil brown dog facing us on the couch looks so much like my nitro...he is jack russes/weiner dog mix...

dljacks
09-10-2008, 06:43 AM
Hi, Steve and Sherri: I'm new here too and have been so busy with work and taking care of my little blind squirrel that i have had time to post. Your squirrels are beautiful and so is your sheppard!

jme2323
09-10-2008, 11:10 AM
hi and welcome!

and ratman, you are right- these ARE the finest peeps ever...
:bowdown

Squirrely Steve
09-11-2008, 05:13 PM
:wave123 hello eveyone
The last of couple of days I have working on trying to send pictures with the right size. :thankyou Gammas Baby for resizing the first pictures I Posted.
:multi Squerly /Momma Squirrel thanks for the complemnt on our german shephard .her name is belle and she is 4 year old,a good watch dog.
:multi Tatcat the little dog is a minnie jack - half jack russel and half miniature pinscher, we have 2 they are sisters names are annie and ruby.
boy they are hyper:multi :multi .
We made Squirrel bisuts last night .Chuck tried to help a couple of times.
I was mixing in the yorget and he jumped in the contianer and got it on his frount paws and head. he went Crazy:wahoo running around trying to get it off.very funny:rotfl
Here is some new pictures of Chuck Playing, Hope it works,
Every one have a Good night
Sorry still having lots of troubles ?

FLUFFYTAILNUT
09-11-2008, 05:25 PM
steve...
belle looks like she's sleeping on the job..:poke
chuck looks like the one on 'guard duty'....:jump

great pics..

momma n squerly...shep's looking.... spoiled .....as usual...:D

have a great noght steve n chuck...still waiting on those pic's:poke :thumbsup rachel n bean:wave123

Feeze
09-11-2008, 05:33 PM
What a beautiful family! They're all so cute, love the pic on the window sill.:Love_Icon

Squirrely Steve
09-12-2008, 04:31 PM
:) Hello Everyone
:thankyou dljacks, Feeze, Rachel n Bean
:thinking I am still having trouble resizing pictures . I resize them down to 640 x 480 pixels and resave .I select the file ,then upload the file and I get a invalid file mesage after I try to up load.
:shakehead for now here is full size pictures , will keep trying next week and will start posting on other threads:flash3
:wave123 have a Good weekend everyone.:wave123

SquirrelsinSingapore
02-05-2011, 01:49 PM
I loved your story

poor chuck lost his mummy to road accident...

thanks for sharing

:goodpost