PDA

View Full Version : Formula

SaraK
09-04-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm getting really confused with all the different things people advise about formula. Should I add whipping cream? Heavy cream? Should I add probiotic yogurt? Do I add yogurt to the diluted formula they're given after I rehydrate? Should I be feeding straight Esbilac with nothing added? Are there times when I should be adding something? Are there supplements I should be putting in the formula?

Thanks if you can help me!

pamela lee
09-04-2008, 06:35 PM
I think everyone seems to have different ideas on the subject. I personally don't add anything to the Esbilac. I figure if it's not broke why fix it. Now if I was having problems with a baby, then I'd check into adding something.

FallensMommie
09-04-2008, 06:40 PM
All in preferences I agree :thumbsup

I choose to add heavy whipping cream to Fallen's formula because I thought he needed some extra weight. I did the yogurt as they don't get the probiotics from Esbilac as they would get nauturally from mother's milk, so I choose both for Fallen and he was a healthy squirt :D

niapet
09-07-2008, 10:30 PM
unless you took over for the little guys mommy in his first week of life, there is not much point to adding yogurt...