PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a 1cc syringe for feeding?

sonnybosco
09-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Would a regular Walgreens or CVS have 1cc syringes? If so, where do they keep them.
I would really like to get one tomorrow because the 5cc baby syringe iIhave is just to hard to control. But if I'm not able to get at a local store, anyone know a good website to get them at a good price and super fast shipping?

foxsquirrels
09-01-2008, 12:16 AM
There are a couple of places on line to order supplies. I think this board prefers squirrelsandmore.com there is another one called thesquirrelstore.com. Both have everything you will need and tell them you are from the Squirrel Board and could they express it to you. The O-ring syringes are great. Get a 1cc, 3cc, 6cc and 10cc and get some small Catac nipples for squirrels. Look at either website there are lots of goodies for the squirrels too.
A local animal health supply store should have syringes without the needle.

annick
09-01-2008, 12:53 AM
my walgreens has the 1 cc syringes. go to where u would get the prescription drugs and ask. or ask your vet, he should have some too

island rehabber
09-01-2008, 01:01 AM
The 5cc is an absolute no-no -- WAY too powerful for a baby squirrel. Personally I never use anything bigger than a 3cc.

Mars
09-01-2008, 01:18 AM
I only pick up a 5cc if the baby weighs over 200 grams. And that's not very often. I may see one that big every 3 third year or so.

Abacat
09-01-2008, 04:18 AM
Just for anyone who didn't know , the links for the squirrel store, and squirrels and more are the same site. Chris no longer uses the squirrel store, goes by squirrels and more now, type it in you get a message to redirect...:thumbsup

Abacat
09-01-2008, 06:17 AM
Me again :o, Foxsquirrels...I think this was the place you meant:
http://www.squirrelstore.com/ (no "the" in the address)

Missouri
09-01-2008, 06:48 AM
My Walgreens pharmacist reached into box under the counter and GAVE me a handful of disposable 1cc syringes when I told her I needed to "buy" some to feed a baby squirrel. Since I am SUCH a good customer ( both my daughter and I have many scripts filled there) she just gave them to me for free.

I washed them out between feeding and they lasted about 4-6 weeks.

Perhaps you would be as lucky!

M

foxsquirrels
09-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Just to alleviate any confusion, I order 1cc, 3cc, 6cc and 10cc syringes because I can't buy the o-ring syringes locally. I use the larger size as the squirrel grows so I don't have to fill the syringe so often. My seven week old squirrels are eating between 12 - 20 ccs a feeding. It just makes it easier for me as they get older. Sorry for any confusion, I should have made that clear.

ShesASquirrelyGirl
09-02-2008, 01:21 PM
6-10 cc syringes for our older squirrels with a specific tip.. However unless experienced I wouldn't suggest them because the flow is much stronger and can still easily aspirate an adult.