PDA

View Full Version : Not as hungry/softer bowels: problem? Help!

rrenner
08-07-2006, 08:31 PM
My two-week old girl (I posted a question on her diet on the regular baby forum earlier today) has been eating well (1 part powdered Esbilac, 2 parts water, 1/2 part regular whipping cream every three hours) until this afternoon. I moved her from liquid Esbilac to powdered Sunday and dropped the amount of whipping cream just a bit. She did not seem to mind and even ate 2 cc's the first two feedings this morning (up from 1 to 1-1/2 usual). But the last two or three feedings she has taken just 1 cc again and her poop is more white and a bit softer than it has been. Is this just a temporay abberation or should I be concerned?? I have grown quite attached to her over the past week and am very worried right now!

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
08-07-2006, 08:37 PM
dont worry the whiteness may be from the whipping creme. I know how you feel I was very worried over every little thing also.
You grow to love them more everyday.

rrenner
08-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Thank you! I'll keep an eye on her - maybe she over-ate this morning... and the slightly different formula is afftecting her. I hope that is all it is!

Secret Squirrel
08-08-2006, 11:58 AM
There is really no need for additives unless they are severly ill. :peace The recommended esbilac 1/2 ratio is best. It has all the nutrients they need for proper nutrition and growth. When the formula is changed then you will see changes in there bowel movments too.
1 part esbilac powder to 2 parts warm water