PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok

DaleJrmom2
08-31-2008, 09:12 AM
I know this might sound silly but here it goes. Is it ok to let Jaque sleep in my shirt next to my breast? He loves to go in my shirt after he eats and falls right to sleep. He will be 5 weeks old on Monday.

Jackie in Tampa
08-31-2008, 09:20 AM
:thumbsup everyone here does it...
when my 6 year old rocky was litte he went to home depot, the grocery store, hes mowed the lawn, all from inside a sports bra....padding!:D

TexanSquirrel
08-31-2008, 09:37 AM
Just don't forget about him while he's in there!

DaleJrmom2
08-31-2008, 09:40 AM
:thankyou I just wanted to be sure. He would rather be in my shirt than in his bed :D

DaleJrmom2
08-31-2008, 09:42 AM
Just don't forget about him while he's in there!

Thats kind of hard to do since he move around alot.:D

pamela lee
08-31-2008, 09:59 AM
My DH says the squirrels get more action then him cause they spend so much time down my shirt.:crazy :shakehead

DaleJrmom2
08-31-2008, 10:10 AM
My DH says the squirrels get more action then him cause they spend so much time down my shirt.:crazy :shakehead

I know what you mean. My DH also said the same this morning.:rotfl

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
08-31-2008, 10:12 AM
If his eyes are open he wont require the heating pad, I would think its ok.

DaleJrmom2
08-31-2008, 10:18 AM
If his eyes are open he wont require the heating pad, I would think its ok.

So i can take the heating pad out of his cage now? Both eyes are open and they opened the other day. Should i also place a small shallow bowl of water in his cage also?

FallensMommie
08-31-2008, 10:29 AM
I would still provide heating pad under half of living quarters incase he wants it.

As for the water bowl, if he is this young he is getting all the liquid he needs through formula feeding I would assume. I didn't offer water until Fallen was about 8 weeks old. They can either drink from those hanging bottles or if you prefer a bowl use LARGE Marbles to cover the bottom and only fill up the bowl evenly with the marbles as they learn to drink...marbles need to be large to prevent choking if they decide to try and play with them. The marbles prevents them from dunking their noses in and breathing in the liquids as they learn to drink.

DaleJrmom2
08-31-2008, 10:35 AM
I would still provide heating pad under half of living quarters incase he wants it.

As for the water bowl, if he is this young he is getting all the liquid he needs through formula feeding I would assume. I didn't offer water until Fallen was about 8 weeks old. They can either drink from those hanging bottles or if you prefer a bowl use LARGE Marbles to cover the bottom and only fill up the bowl evenly with the marbles as they learn to drink...marbles need to be large to prevent choking if they decide to try and play with them. The marbles prevents them from dunking their noses in and breathing in the liquids as they learn to drink.

I only use half the heating pad in his nest now. Just wasnt sure if i could remove it yet or not. I will wait on the water then maybe till next week when he is about 6 weeks old.

FallensMommie
08-31-2008, 11:20 AM
Maybe just leave the heating pad as is now for another week. I used a heat source with Fallen until I noticed he no longer used it...that might be a indication of when to remove it now that your fuzzer is fully furred and eyes opened. Just have fleece blankets for him to scoot under so he can hide and use it for some warmth if needed.

Do you have pictures in another thread? I would love to see the little fuzz butt :D

DaleJrmom2
08-31-2008, 11:46 AM
Maybe just leave the heating pad as is now for another week. I used a heat source with Fallen until I noticed he no longer used it...that might be a indication of when to remove it now that your fuzzer is fully furred and eyes opened. Just have fleece blankets for him to scoot under so he can hide and use it for some warmth if needed.

Do you have pictures in another thread? I would love to see the little fuzz butt :D

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w151/Nascar8mom2/IMG_0124.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w151/Nascar8mom2/IMG_0123.jpg