PDA

View Full Version : Caging Questions

Aubrey
08-30-2008, 02:36 PM
My underweight, underdeveloped baby is finally gaining at a more acceptable pace. She weighed in at 98 grams this morning and while that is really, really small for her age, I am going to assume she is not at death's door. Also, since she is now spending her time off of her heating pad (finally!) I think it is time to move her to a bigger home.

She is 6 and a half weeks old. If I can, I would like to avoid buying two cages. I have a carpenter friend who will build a cage for me if I can get her the dimensions, but I don't really know what to tell her. I know the baby is probably with me until spring, assuming she makes it, and I want to make sure anything I have built will accommodate her for that long. I can section part of it off if I need to, but I only want to build once. She is the only squirrel I have and I will only have her until she can be released. But I want her to have enough room to move around and be happy. So what do I build? And what do I put in it?

Thanks

Alotta
08-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Thank you for bringing this topic up. I also am curious because I have 3 squirrels that are around 6 to 7 weeks and am curious about how big their outside cage should be for winter. I plan on putting 3 nesting boxes in there, but for 3 squirrels to have enough room to play how big should the cage be. Thanks for any input.

pamela lee
08-30-2008, 03:32 PM
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4362
Here's a link with some release cages.