PDA

View Full Version : New Questions

squirrely20
08-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Hello again everyone! I had a new question, so I started a new thread, hope that is okay? First the good news... about half an hour ago, Rocky opened his eyes! :wahoo He's sooooo cute. Now, the other day when I went to get him out of his little home, I noticed blood on his bedding. I was concerned, but I looked him over and didn't see anything, no blood on him... none in his urine or poo. I thought maybe I had gotten it on there as I had a sore bleeding and thought maybe I had some blood on my finger or something that I had overlooked when I washed and had transferred the blood there. Then nothing for two days... then today at his 3:00 feeding, I pulled the syringe out of his mouth and there was blood on it. I looked as well as I could, but I cannot tell what the problem is. I am thinking the hard plasic of the syringe is irritating his teeth or gums? Any thoughts? He likes to really try to chew on the end sometimes, but I didn't think that hard. He also still has a bit of diarhea... I am still wondering if part of that is from removing the cream from his formula starting yesterday. He is not going as much, but still runny. I am still not feeding him any more than 4cc right now. He seems fine... we have a new method of holding the syringe to keep him from sucking too much that seems to be working, no more scary episodes like last night again yet. He seems to be feeling well, no ill effects noticed yet from trying to get too much formula at once. Actually, he is more active now tonight... maybe cause he can see now. :)

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
08-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Check his teeth, are they coming through? I have noticed my babies gums bleed when the teeth erupt.:thumbsup Get some rodent block in there for him to chew on now is the perfect time.
http://www.squirrelsandmore.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=416
He will need to be eating the rodent block until time of release.

squirrely20
08-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Thanks, I feel better! Ya, I was just posting yesterday that I could feel top teeth and not see them yet. I was hoping it had something to do with that and not anything serious. Btw, posted new "eye open" pics in my intro thread anybody that wants to see. Thanks again rippie-n-lilgirlsmom!! :thankyou