PDA

View Full Version : Need assurance on correct diet

rrenner
08-07-2006, 04:42 PM
My neighbor found a pinky baby grey in his yard a week ago (7/31). A cat was nearby and we could not find the nest it must have fallen out of - no trees in the area) He did not want to care for it so I took it in and went online to see how to care for it. I estimated that she was less than a week old when I got her - still had the umbilical scab, pink all over. She was not dehydrated and had no injuries other than a couple of tiny marks on her that looked like the cat had picked her up and carried her.
For the first week I fed her liquid Esbilac mixed with whipping cream - 2:1. This week I purchased the powdered Esbilac and am mixing it 1 part Esbilac to 2 parts water and 1/2 part whipping cream. (1 tsp. Esbilac, 2 tsp. water, 1/2 tsp. whipping cream). She is taking between 1 and 2 cc's seven times a day (every three hours between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m. and doing well. Is this the correct formula? I have seen some forums recommend Esbilac 1:1, some recommend heavy ehipping cream vs regular, more feeding, less feedings... I assume as she is doing well I must be doing something right but I want to make sure she's developing strong bones, etc. Thanks!

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
08-07-2006, 05:37 PM
This week I purchased the powdered Esbilac and am mixing it 1 part Esbilac to 2 parts water and 1/2 part whipping cream
That's the exact way I mixed mine and my little ones just thrived!:wahoo
I fed mine every 3 hrs during waking hrs. Daughter did the night shift as I work 3rd. I believe rippie boy made up for it during the day. They were nothing short of nice sized well proportioned little ones. And happier yet when they could start eating some solids! I think you are doing wonderful.
They aresuch fun when they start getting around & playing.
You will have a ball with him! I believe I used the heavy whipping creme.

By the way, Welcome to the board there's a lot of great people here!

rrenner
08-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Thank you so much - I believe I'll get some heavy whipping cream. Another quick question - She ate well the first two feedings this morning (more than usual), but not as well this afternoon and has a touch of diahrrea - should I be concerned?

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
08-07-2006, 08:32 PM
hmm I have read people here give a tad bit of yogurt for that I think? Scout around and read some other posts on lose BM's maybe you can find your answer faster!:tilt
Did you just start adding the creme?