PDA

View Full Version : Powder vs ready to feed

lizharrell1
08-27-2008, 06:33 AM
Is it just my imagination or do my babies not like the powder as well as the liquid? I started them out on the ready to feed, but switched them yesterday to the powder with whipping cream and water. They just don't seem as interested in feeding as before. I really have to work with them to get them to take it. Is this normal and is there anything I can do to make their formula more appealing to them? These babies are approx 2-3 weeks old. Thanks for any advice.

Jackie in Tampa
08-27-2008, 07:26 AM
:Welcome
:thinking That's funny...mine love the powder...and it's cheaper and last longer.
I had to switch to the ready-made recently, for two days, and they had diarrhea. I switched them back, all better. Sooo, don't be surprised if you see a difference in their poops.
I also like powder, because it is made with the local water, and that's forever.
{My Petco is still out of Esbilac...:nono FAY...}
Good Luck and we'll be needing pics!:Love_Icon

lizharrell1
08-27-2008, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the reply. Okay, so maybe it IS my imagination then. I will keep trying to encourage them to stay on the powder, I like it because there is less waste. I will have pics up later today probably.:thumbsup

ShesASquirrelyGirl
08-27-2008, 04:04 PM
I honestly think it varies with the squirrels. I use fox valley powdered formulas and some do not like it and I have to use esbilac but its rare. Before I used fox valley I would use esbilac and some preferred the canned or boxed pre made over the powder. I think its richer and has other chemicals in it to keep it "good" so I don't like using it but I think some of them like the taste of that stuff better.
If I have babies that are being picky I will ad a bit of apple or plum baby food, yogurt, or sometimes even a drop of black strap molasses.